Aircraft Ideas

honestly I think armed and armoured helicopters are far more practical for a survival zombie game than armed propellor planes. You can hover in the same place shooting at zombies, raid bases from the sky, it’s much harder and far more time consuming with an aeroplane than with an armoured heli.

1 Like

personally i think only propeller planes would fit unturned, the maps are quite small after all. though this could change with unturned II.
i would also like if airplanes were more difficult to get running and to keep working rather than just finding a working plane at an airport
also it would make more sense for a random person to be able to fly a cessna than a ww2 fighter plane.

3 Likes

It doesn’t really make sense for rusty WW2 fighters to be available tbh. You’d probably only find nonfunctioning WW2 fighters in museums and that’s it.

1 Like

What about a “secret” “ranger” base with something like a sandpiper, but with a mounted pkm? Or something like the attack cub from farcry 5?

1 Like

WWII propeller planes are unrealistic

Realism for the sake of realism is bad.
While it may not be entirely realistic to find WWII era prop driven planes in all locations, they and their more modern equivalents would be far better suited to Unturned than any jet planes whether they’re private jets, commercial airbuses, or military fighter jets.

And also...

If you think WWII era fighters would be “unrealistic” let me remind you that Argentina still keeps a few WWI era biplanes in inventory,
let alone WWII era equipment. (though they’re not on active duty)

1 Like

Also most modern jets rely on technologies which may not be reliable in such an outbreak

214881924789234z%C2%B8398zu%C2%B8237895zdh7

Banned

It would be amazing for raids to be really hard, than just raiding in the sky with armored helicopters, that would be boring and way too easy

1 Like

wow no shit… swastikas on a German plane during ww2 why would I get banned, what are u like 5 years old or something.

The planes used in ww2, pilots were shooting from the cockpit they had a button for firing the weapons on the yoke (control wheel)

Private planes would ruin the kind of survival apocalypse nelson is heading for… who tf would have a private plane during a zombie apocalypse

Private planes meaning civilian aircraft. There are significantly more civilian planes than there are WW2 planes. And I’d ask you the same, who would have WW2 fighters in a zombie apocalypse?

1 Like

Okay? Why are you telling me this? I only said things about placing and reloading weapons and you only said things about firing them.

oh sorry m8 I thought u wrote something else

Fucking astronomical. First picture has a UNITED STATES air force roundel, and the second one has a french roundel.

Neither were Nazi countries. And great job, you managed to miss some of the worlds most obvious satire. People like you are the reason that we have to put /s at the end of every other sentence.

1 Like

Thoses svastika mark the shot down German aircrafts .

1 Like

This is clearly a fucking joke.

I don’t understand what you said about people not having private planes during a zombie apocalypse, either. To get to places quickly. And if you make that remark, why the fuck are you making suggestions about aircraft?

Also, why should bases be harder to raid, if you literally have a helicopter with a machine gun on it? You think a machine gun/minigun wouldn’t damage a fucking wooden wall? then building bases would be real fucking unbalanced, and there would be no challenge in maintaining a base if there’s no threa of people raiding them.

1 Like

In my own opinion, having jets is OP, which is agreed on by a lot of people. WW2 planes however are in a weird spot, because not everywhere is actually going to have an age old plane armed and ready. If we took a more ‘survivor’ type approach and allowed the arming of certain vehicles.

Take the Sandpiper (or any equivalent in II) for example. In its most basic form it is a civilian craft. But what is to stop someone from arming it? Of course, I’m not talking about a M134 minigun, but something more akin to an LMG. If you developed say, a firing system and hooked it up to the cockpit, then you essentially have a fighter plane. Of course, this may not be entirely realistic but as Nelson said in his own very words, don’t have realism for the sake of realism.

The problem with having WW2 planes is that it’d be strange in a game set in 2018 (or so I believe). Not to mention, besides some special cases such as Argentina, what antique WW2 fighters would still have their guns still on? Having WW2 planes would leave so many questions unanswered and it’d be better to not have them. The conversion idea I had is a compromise between fighter jets and WW2 fighters.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think we can all agree that “WW2 fighter planes” are a really fucking stupid idea.

I think we should just stick with armed military helicopters, commercial civilian aircraft, and small planes. I think any type of armed aeroplane is really stupid for what Unturned II is going to be. For this “survival” type of game, armed helicopters are far more practical, functional and logical.

3 Likes

Machine guns should be good at penetrating through walls, not at destroying them.

2 Likes