Binoculars and Rangefinders

Binoculars:
• Zoom function with scroll wheel
• Military Binoculars show compass heading.
• Spec Ops Binoculars show both compass heading and range, as well as attitude (how far down or up you’re looking.) Useful for a spotter in a team scenario. Also just plain tacticool

Rangefinder: The telescope variant, not the attachment kind. Still tells you the range.
• Zoom function (not as good as the binoculars though)
• Spec Ops variant has Night Vision, but poor FOV

Please share any ideas you have, thanks.
(edit: Removed Scopes from this discussion)

4 Likes

This would be cool for a mod,but not the vanilla game,it is kind of unrealistic and op.

well since I can see what you wrote since he had quoted it, I think maybe heat detecting scopes would be fine, but otherwise no. Plus they would require special kinds of batteries, be unable to detect as well through walls, and wouldn’t work on zombies. We don’t want zombies to become easily defeated again, now do we?

2 Likes

I agree that binoculars are extremely underpowered in 3.0, and in 4.0 they should be a useful tool. Instead of heat detecting scopes, what about heat detecting binoculars that use up battery power. With it being clear that foliage will be more prevalent in 4.0, a heat detecting scope would make identifying targets easier.

Night vision binoculars could also work, being a bit more common that any military grade NVG, and still using batteries.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.