Change the Unturned numbering scheme

As Unturned 4.0 will now be called Unturned II, it might get confused with the original Unturned 2.0. Here is how I think it should be called:

Unturned 1.0/Antique should be renamed to Unturned 1.1
Unturned 2.0/Classic should be renamed to Unturned 1.2
Unturned 3.0 should be renamed to Unturned 1.3
and Unturned 4.0/Unturned II should be renamed to Unturned 2.1

Thats how I think it would be. The version after 2.1 should be called Unturned 2.2 and then the version after that would be renamed to 2.3, etc. etc.

People mistake it as a version and not a ‘Sequel’ number.

And from time to time people share that misconception everywhere so alot people are confusing it

This is more confusing imo.

A Post Tracking Every Single One Of MoltonMontro's Posts Starting June 16th to July 16th

unturnerd 3.0 is just unturnned

Unturned Antique
Unturned Classic
Unturned
Unturned II

Seems nice to me

I would still prefer a second name to the title instead of a number like idk

-Unturned Infestation
-Unturned Reborn
-Unturned End of times

And stuff like that

How about Unturned: Survivor Stories or Unturned Aftermath ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jokes aside, I’m fine with what ever fits the most.
Still better then the number that is confusing since an unturned 2 was alteady existing, using roman numbers doesn’t fix the issue that much imo

I think it heavily depends on how you perceive the title, it wasn’t simply 2 or 3 - it always used to be 2.x and 3.x which seems to me like different versions of the same game. It also wasn’t visible on Steam as Unturned 2 or 3, it was just Unturned so naming the game Unturned II isn’t such a bad idea.

Didn’t think of how is visible on steam, maybe you’re right

Unturned 1.x, 2.x and 3.x are different vesions of the same game: Unturned.
Unturned II is another game, so it can have versions like 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 as well.

The current version numbers and naming follows industry standards for version control.

I’m not confused about it, but I code. The discussion gets confused when people start calling Unturned II (a new game in the series) Unturned 4.0 (version 4 of the original game).

Using extended text titles instead of version numbers doesn’t reflect the games history, nor reflect the progressive changes upon the original release.

I think picking one standard and sticking with it is best, to avoid messes like this: Windows 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, NT, 2000, Millennium Edition, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.

What about Vista :anguished: ?

Right. Something looked off about the list. Fixed.