Custom loadup screens?

So how would everyone like if you could download custom loading screens for the game? So say you could download one that plays a video while the game loads? like say you can watch the unturned trailer or something while the game loads. Or you could download a different area for the menu, like people could make your character in a creepy hospital at the main menu or in a town. They would have to make custom animations for transfer between areas of the menu but yeah. like say your screen would show you going down the stairs or the elevator to get to the character customization or something. Maybe we could also use this to make unturned animations :smiley:

3 Likes

Seems unnecessary and just plain weird.

Custom menu scenes might be nice, but being able to transfer between menu areas while ingame? What is this, World of Warships?

I don’t see the point of this. It just seems kinda cheesy and most people probably want to just load into their game normally and quickly. Also, that wouldn’t be a good way to produce animations either.

1 Like

you know what I mean, how unturned zooms to a part of the screen depending on what menu you chose.

had the idea cause it would be interesting to be able to see it changing to different parts of the place, most likely pretty quickly. And I meant maybe using something similar but with more stuff involved to do so.

1 Like

yes, defenitely

Try and refrain from sending useless messages like “agreed” or “yes, definitely” that add nothing to the discussion. There is a like button for a reason.

9 Likes

This has literally no reason… the menu is just for starting the game. Probably less than 10% of the people care about a custom loading screen for the simple reason that they are on the loading screen to start the game not to make art out of it.

idk its necessary cos loading right now with some workshop is atleast for me pain in the black hole but Unturned II will be run by Unreal Engine so thats why.Nice function but useless… Yeah ik my english is at the same level as my mathematic

How sure are you about that?

I would really love to have the menu be 3D real-time rendered screen, like Half-Life 2, they can vary from scenery and if we have some melancholic, apocalypse-esque piano tune to accompany it, then it’ll be perfect.

I believe 3.0’s menu screen is actually 3D, but maybe with the time progression off. I hope in 4.0 that the menu screen does have music or have ambient sounds to accompany it.

Yeah, it is 3D, but i mean like, something more cinematic. Like, Half-Life 2’s menues have a set scenery with events taking place, say, 2 guards walk by, a helicopter flies in the distance, that sort of thing.

I’ve played HL2 and love the menu screens, but the only problem is what would actually be a good thing to put in a menu screen? It’s not like in 4.0 you’re going to have Metrocops walking around.

As i said, Helicopter (or plane) flying over in the distance, think of it as an airdrop falling down on the “map”, or having a deer come out of the trees, have a car drive by a road, or having a simple windy and rainy bit of forest. Stuff like that. Maybe even have NPCs, who knows. Of course, i’m thinking of this as an “extra” to the development, i’m not saying it’s MUST before Unturned II comes out, but come on, that would be cool!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.