Devlog #019

Yea but still it would be nice if the arms had thiner ends so that we can see the gun our character is holding better

Hey Nelson, im so happy and glad that youre working on unturned II like this. But there are still some mistakes but its only my opinion.

1. make arms thinner (they are almost bigger than his head)
  2. make force wipes, I mean resetting servers once a while like once a month. Because when i go to vanilla servers where i played 5 months ago i can see our old raided bases and a lot of other new bases where everyone camps on the roof and sniping every person that he sees. And thats ofc boring and annoying.
  3. Skills. Most of them should be implemented in base game (sharpshooter, exercise etc.)
  4. Add official servers, why not only for gold players. Im afraid of community servers with russian ads and wipes once a 2 years.
    I hope you will read it. Thanks
1 Like

This is incredibly unpopular because it’s super unnecessary. It might benefit you maybe but the rest of the community would complain about being forced to wipe for no reason.

The current skill system is also very controversial and would IMO not work very well for UII. It made very little sense in many ways.

Already confirmed. There will be official servers but you need to buy a special pass to access them. This official server pass replaces Gold from Unturned 3.0.

2 Likes

Even despite the whole screen space thing not being as bad as I thought, I still don’t like the chunky character model. It seems to cover most of the gun and overall I don’t really like the arm size.

devlog 19

the whole area where the hands hold the pump and the trigger looks scrunched up and awkward

I don’t know how to describe it but the model just feels like it’s too big, like the shotgun’s proportion relative to the character makes it look tiny, and I can’t even imagine dual wielding two glocks in those hands. I think that we don’t necessarily have to go back to the previous model but the arms should be smaller (or maybe taper out a bit?)
Like in this picture the hand proportions look good with the shotgun. Obviously arms are too long still but still looks pretty good.

devlog 18

If nelson is sticking with the current height / size I feel it should be more like the early denizen models

devlog 4

I think this model feels more proportional because the arms taper out a bit making the hands feel smaller and more natural while still fitting in unturned’s blocky style.

10 Likes

Devlog 4 character is the best by far

1 Like

I like how devlog 18 denizen is holding shotgun

Yaas, two things though, first, the arms look a little thick. Secondly, the upper body looked kinda stiff but other then that it’s awesome!!!:grinning:

That resulted in the awkwardly distorted shoulders, as mentioned near the end of Devlog 18 and near the start of Devlog 19.

The arms really should taper as the others said, it’d make holding stuff work better, while keeping the classic Unturned character style.

Are you really enjoying random raided bases everywhere and random objects in the sky etc? :kissing_heart:

We’re enjoying it more than having all of our progress wiped at random times, even in servers where this isn’t an issue.

Servers with custom gamemodes would suffer the most consequences from this.

you know server owners/admins could wipe the servers Manually them selves rather than nelson doing it himself.

Facekick

Why not call it the “Hingebreaker”?

I referred to it as Facekick because that’s one of the names Nelson allegedly considered for the Remington 870.

Hingebreaker isn’t bad though, but I feel like it would be more suited to a lever break action for some reason.

Edit: whoops. Meant to say break action.

4 Likes

I decided to go with Hingebreaker since shotguns are commonly used to break hinges off doors when needed to.

Hingebreaker would fit for a break-action shotgun (like a doublebarrel or over-under shotty).

What about a shotgun like the Winchester Model 1887? What do you think it would be called in-game?

Probably “The Arnold” because of it is named anything else it would be disrespectful.

“Automaton” would also work.

1 Like

One of the commercial names such as the Wingmaster or even just the Remington would be suitable names.