Fear Factors in Unturned

You know what whould actually make unturned scary?

The zombie infection itself, and how it will turn, the unturned.

I say it should be more cosmetic otherwise I’ll add a massive difficulty curve. And easy to keep down.

Lets say, any direct hit (or maybe grapple and bite?) You will be infected.

as simple as that

And upon being hit, a unturned zombie face will appear, as in exactly like the thumbnail of the game currently.

Now, we could do a whole stage thing, mainly I suggest two long stages, and like three rapid end stages.

Now, stage one lasts for a long time, and has no effect (but maybe a 10% lower immunity cap?), and stays that way, almost forever. (See through turned icon, tagged).

Then stage two, after a generous amount of time (I say five in-game days, multiple hours) you progress to stage two, and the immunity slowly ticks down in capacity to say 50% before the next stage, and the icon gains full color, stamina regen lowers and a small decrease in cap, the time to 50% could be two days (under the weather).

And then after 50% we get a rapid decrease in wellness as your character goes down the rabbit hole, and starts getting affected visually and your vision also starts getting blurry, the hands start shaking, and all that good jazz. Maybe some some green speckles appear (on torso and higher leg, like it’s hideable).

And then the other two stages.

Why take so long to turn?

Mainly I don’t want to make it so players immediately require top tier medical supplies, and if they know I’ll take forever, they can do what they want and the feature won’t mess with there enjoyment. If they live for five whole in game days, there probably geared enough to take care of it already.

of course, this whould be adjustable in the server settings

Anyone else a fan of a addition of a non-intrusive zombie infection process?

I’ll just add a nifty side goal they can take there time on, vaccination.

and even a vary light see-through vaccine icon next to there stats, which in settings can be disabled if it bothers them

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.