Gear affecting vision and hearing

Im not really sure what part you mean that isnt positive, or maby you meant that nothing of it is positive and that you think the whole feature is bad, could you please correct me on that.
Well im going to asume that you ment that the whole feature is negative/not neeaded.
I can say that no, this feature is not something that the game desperatly needs and that the game cant live without it, but I think that it could definently have benefits to the game and that depending on how the gunplay, armor, movment and sound will work when the game is finnsihed it could solve some of the problems that 3.0 has (Im not saying that without this feature thous problems will be in 4.0, but that this is a way that could fix some problems and also add more to the game).
Right now in 3.0 gear dosnt have any drawbacks or negative effects/sides, so everyone runs around with military/spec ops gear and there is mostly no question about using something else, and this feature could make some changes to that by having drawbacks on some gear, that would make you think more about what gear your using, so if your going for a loot run you might take gear that gives you good vision and hearing abilitys but if your going to raid a base and you know that the owners are online - (In 4.0 it will be harder to offline raid and online raiding will be alot more common, if im not totally wrong) - you might wannt to take really high protective gear to maximise your chances of succesfully raiding the base, even if you have to give up some of your vision. This would also make lower stated gear more usfull and give you a reason to use it and not always go straight for that military gear.
This feature also gives some balance between lower geard players and higher geard players, so the geard players might have the best gear and wepons, but the ones with lower tier gear might have a little better vision/better ability to hear then that big rambo guy in full juggernaut armor standing on the other side of the fence.

This feature also helps to balance out and gives the posibility to add really powerfull armor to the game without making it to “OP” if you would say so, and it also gives the posibility to have diffrent tiers of everything, an example being gasmasks and NVGs, so a civilian gasmask might be easyer to find then a military one but could have less FOV (im not saying that that should be the only diffrens but i could write a whole Topic about the diffrenses between civilian and military tierd gear), and same with the diffrens between civilian and military NVGs.

You are not forced to use the face shields that block some of your vision and you can just take it of the helmet if you dont like it, but then you wont have the protection that it provides you. This way you can choose how you wannt to play the game.

I probobly forgot something that I still wannt to say, but this is a good portion of the idea that i have.

P.S I know that my writing and spelling skills are not the best (working on it) but i hope you can understand what im trying to say :slightly_smiling_face:

Its not about it being realistic (it is kinda realistic but thats not the point), it is about the feature and the mechanic of it that matters and what we think about it and if it is a good addition to the game.
And welcome to the forum :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

Well its not supposed to be like that, its not that you hear less but the sound that you are hearing gets muffled so turning the volume up is not supposed work if thats what you meant

1 Like

I like the suggestion but the level of screen obstruction would have to be toned down for some of these items. Still, I like really late game heavy armor obstructing you (both your view and your movement) but having the best protection on the game, compared to late game light armor which protects less but generally offers other bonuses and/or utility.

1 Like

In Devlog #002, Nelson showcased the ability to free-look (moving your head independently from your body), so what about using that for balancing? If we say that we’d be able to move our heads horizontally 195 degrees (so that we can look behind us a bit) and vertically 110 degrees, certain headgear options could restrict that. For example, the classic heavy russian helmet “Altyn” could only work on a 90 by 70 basis before being stopped, or an EOD suit could even restrict movement almost completely, allowing you to only move for 70 by 40.

To see what I mean on yourself, let’s set some angles of view you have: Between your ears, there are 180 degrees, your nose is the 90th degree from the left/right. Vertically, 0 degrees is directly on front of the bridge of your nose. 90 is straight down and -90 directly above, with 45 and -45 in the middle between the 90’s and your nose. Now, you can see what I mean by those angles.

3 Likes

upvoting because metro

Yes, i used the pictures just to give you guys the idea of what i mean, how much your vision should be blocked is up to the community to decide

1 Like

Very good idea, another idea could be that some gear wont let you/makes it slower to crouch or go prone

1 Like

Have your head turn with the camera aswell. Your neck should bend before your hips also.

It’s a mixed bag for me. On one side i like this a lot, and on the other, I’m not sure.

I definitely don’t like the sound muffle thing, but i wouldn’t mind some vision obstruction. I especially like the gas-mask obstructions because they aren’t anything too invasive, they’re fine with me if they don’t obstruct vision horizontally.

And the night vision I don’t know about that. On one hand, it definitely should have some downside (not just the little glowy eyes) but then I think nights would have to be way darker to further balance it.

Then, the big military helmets are just not a good idea. Too much

The sound muffle is not supposed to me major so that you cant hear anything, but still not giving you the full ability to hear everything (mostly smaller sounds)

Nights in 4.0 will be darker, maby not always but at least during the darker seasons of the year
This is what Nelsons idea about the night is

Well the idea is that they should have a bigger setback in vision sinc they would be very good when it comes to their protection level
May i ask why you think its to much, so that i can get a better idea on what the problem is?

I just don’t see it as having any point you know? Obstructing vision is enough in my honest opinion

I don’t think there should be helmets like this in UII at all. (that doesn’t mean all helments are bad, just not that many variants of the same thing) It’s just personal tho, and also wouldn’t mind them in-game.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.