Headwear visible in first person

Basically, if you wear a hat, in first person you can see it, to make it relatively realistic it will be blurry, same with glasses, you see them as blurred as you wear them. Obviously this would probably be something you could turn off in the settings, it would most likely just be for immersion or something, I dunno. Thoughts?

Edit: more examples, also, maybe some of these shouldnt be disableable so people don’t wear OP headgear all the time

• riot helmet would make the screen look like it has a plate of clear plastic in front of it. And maybe you could see the top of the helmet.

• gasmask would make a sort of binoculars look to your screen, except more blurry and yeah. Unless it’s a more modern gasmask, then it would be more like the riot helmet.

• sunglasses make your screen slightly darker… This sounds like the post from the other guy now xd

8 Likes

I’m thinking about making a separate in-depth post that covers (mostly) everything about clothes and gear. Atm, your ideas are good.

2 Likes

I don’t think that the brim if a hat should be blurry.

Here is a stock image of a Football game.

5 Likes

Well the bars would probably be a bit more blurred, as your characters eyes aren’t focused on the bars.

1 Like

As long as it’s toggleable then why not?

As I said somethings wont be toggleable, like really op stuff. Just so people don’t wear them 24/7

i really don’t think anything should be blurred

You ever noticed how when you wear glasses, their blurred? Yeah that’s because your eyes aren’t focused on them. Which makes them less of an eyesore. So yeah.

1 Like

I think what KingFrog is trying to say is that our real eyes already focus on things, and don’t need a game to replicate it.

3 Likes

Well for screens you don’t get the dof with your own eyes. It’s a flat surface, so it stuff won’t really get blurred from your eyes focusing on something farther away.

1 Like

I like this.
+1 Immersion

2 Likes

I KNOW. I WEAR GLASSES. but, it would be very annoying for a player to have a blurred thing in there face. I’ll try and make a picture if I can…

EDIT: cant make a picture, but Google does it well…
This?

Or that?
This poll is about the blurryness, not the zoom of the glasses (note: this = blurry, That = clean)

• This
  • That

0 voters

“Thoe” :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: LOL

BTW, I’m more of thinking at the corners of the screen. Both of those images are inaccurate to what I’m thinking. You don’t see the entire thing and pretty much the entire thing. It more of is a blurry outline or sorts to your screen.

Zoom in on the bottom a lot more and you get what I mean. When I get home I’ll make an example.

you could have said “a blurry outline to your screen” instead of the object in front of the face is blurred if that’s what you meant xD

I wasn’t specific, I’m pretty sure you assumed I meant like those pictures, even though I said multiple times I want it to look like real life.

You just contradicted what you said

glasses are so close to your face, that there’d not be much to blur out, except maybe the edges of the screen.

2 Likes