How about a paid 4.0?

Only having temporary access to a map doesn’t seem like it would be compatible with a survival game. Those dumb enough to even play on those maps would probably be unhappy with having to pay to access their progress.

1 Like

You don’t have to pay, that’d just be for a bonus quest book.

And servers could always just use the workshop version to continue hosting the map.

1 Like

What do you mean by “paying to access their progress”?

He was trying to say that all curated maps should actually be curated for a limited time, so as not to divide the playerbase. This has nothing to do with a paywall except in the context of CSGO’s operation missions which are optional. You can still play on operation maps.

2 Likes

YOu MeAN OpEraTIOn MaPLe LEef???XDxXdxFcDcCcXDxXdxDxxDxddXddxaxdd??

1 Like

Oof.
I don’t play CS:GO, so I had no idea what you were saying. I thought you were suggesting that curated content would only be free for a limited time. (Maybe I just can’t read?)

1 Like

I was talking about the unturned operation…

1 Like

Harvest was referring to my earlier post.

1 Like

Oh (10 chair limit)

1 Like

like COD? there are little kids in there to

1 Like

While that is true, CoD is a steroid-fueled FPS that appeals to kids very well because of the quick bursts of dopamine along with minimal consequences on defeat as well as a relatively smooth learning curve.

Unturned 4.0, however, will be a survival-centric, more hardcore game with higher difficulty as well as a shift away from PvP focus, and prolonging consequences with death. This will likely be enough to drive away most of the squeakers that would have just come for gunplay. The kind of kids that have overwhelmed 3.0 in its current state.

1 Like

well what i meant is that making it so you have to pay for 4.0 wouldn’t matter
because of the people that play CoD
as CoD is a 60$ game
and if 4.x is a 5$ game then it wouldn’t change much
tahts what i meant by bringing up CoD

1 Like

It does change a lot, actually.

CoD is a AAA grade mostly console game that everybody knows about, and also is in a completely different genre on top of being far more polished and generally more well known than Unturned. Therefore even if the price is $60, lots of kids and hackers still play it.

Unturned on the other hand, is an indie game that, while it has celebrated somewhat modest publicity, is not nearly as well known (4.0 especially, being completely separate from 3.0). A pricetag, even $5, on top of the higher overall difficulty and more hardcore gameplay of 4.0 will turn away a lot of the supposedly cancerous community that is looking for easy, effortless gunplay.

3 Likes

Look really if Unturned 4 is what you expected, can be paid after all Nelson will work so much without earning a salary? After all who would pay for a good game just to have access to custody, yes it should be paid more still I like to be free to play after all you do not have to pay: D

1 Like

I don’t think I’d mind having paid cosmetics similar to Unturned 3.0. That said, I’d rather have cosmetics fit more of a theme, no rainbow futuristic crap. I would get rid of the loot box mechanic entirely, and instead only keep the stockpile.

If the game is free, I wouldn’t mind paying extra (1 time) to play on official servers, but if it’s paid I think that’d be a punch in the face.

I don’t think any maps should be put behind a paywall. I would imagine people would find a way to just copy the map files and post them online for people to play offline or create their own servers with them. If maps are paid, there’s going to be less people playing those maps. Empty servers = no fun.

1 Like

If you’re referring to my earlier post, I said the maps would be free, thus meaning the servers will be plentiful and that would prevent any need for copying files. There would just be a purchasable quest book that goes along with the event that can be used on those new featured maps.

1 Like

you buy it as a DLC, steam could check for that DLC, and if you own it, the game is free.

1 Like

steam can do it for example payday owners got a 10% off on a game
same thing can go for unturned gold upgrade owners get the game for free

1 Like

I completely agree.

Although I think you want this because it would rid the game of children, idk if I’m wrong about this but isn’t what attracted most players to unturned is the fact that it is a free to play game? Even if unturned 4.0 became pay2play wouldn’t atleast some of the good players leave it? Kids would still just buy the game. Say a game like payday 2 I encounter kids almost daily.

Not really, because for all of the good players, Unturned is a really good game. So they’d easily be willing to pay $5 for a drastically overhauled, improved, polished iteration of the game that promises better gameplay.