How about a paid 4.0?

I just think that it would not generate that much money, and it would drop the players a lot, if you want to help nelson, donate or buy gold.

so youā€™re saying that buying the game for 5 dollars is less than buying the gold upgrade that literally costs the same?

also, thereā€™s no way to donate.

I think it is a smart idea having the game free to play while it was being developed and worked on was great as it allowed player feedback and testing in full form. However now that the game is stable and is grown so much and offers so much i feel a cost of around at most 5$ would be perfect and allow for Nelson to expand the game further and pay for more help and such to grow it even more. Will always love this game the same as i do minecraft because its a new adventure everytime you play.

1 Like

Unturned 4.x and Unturned 3 are different games. This specific conversation is just about 4.x, not Unturned 3.

2 Likes

IĀ“m saying that thereā€™s no difference about how much money he will get, bbut there will be difference in how much players will be playing the game

As long as the community doesnā€™t get worse in quality, itā€™s fine really.

TBH what the point of this game having price tho that my question.

Itā€™s mostly a way to shape the community. Pros include way less hackers, slightly more mature community, and maybe an economic boost (Otherwise the same if Gold isnā€™t included)

The only con is that the community will be smaller compared to 3.0ā€™s glory times (Possibly 10,000 average compared to 20,000 average) since F2P players wonā€™t be able to get it, but that depends on how well Nelson made the game. There would be no disadvantages if the game is greater than expected, because people can spread to others how good the game is and then 4.0 will be a perfect successor (Hopefully, if Nelson did his job well)

5 Likes

i think it should be between $3 to $5 and free to people who bought Unturned Gold

1 Like

No, letā€™s have it for at least $10 and it free to the people who got it install before that way when a sale comes it $5, kinda expensive but a pretty fair price tho.And left 2.0 for free cause not everyone is still in 2.0 so in sense 2.0 is free unturned 3 is 10.00 seem kinda fair.And it makes the player go back to 2.0 as a placeholder for 3.0 just in case they want to see a good preview of what it was cause 2.0 is a good version and can also convince others to buy 3.0 it is kinda stupid but why not and also it would not make sense to buy 3.0 and than there are 2 more version of it that had not been explaining and also why benefit 2.0 for 3.0 problem that the bigger question. If you buy 3.0 your also buying 2.0 and 1.0 if we had 2.0 and 3.0 separate it makes a lot of things easily I know it stupid but that what I think tho should happen.

You are mistaken. This isnā€™t about Unturned 3 or Classic. This is about Unturned 4.x.

1 Like

The whole point was to weed out the childrenā€¦ And itā€™s not like they wonā€™t be able to play on 3.0.

Just want to answer this question: no. All you do is make it so you get a 100% off game coupon (or just do it as a game gift in your inventory) for owning the DLC. Itā€™d be incredibly easy, and is not new at all.

2 Likes

If you got gifted the DLC then you still own the DLC.

2 Likes

Agreed and thank you

TBh we should not have unturned be price cause it will wound out children also that fuck up so let not talk about this.

Itā€™s the threadā€™s theme :S

letā€™s not talk about this

Butā€¦ Thatā€™s what weā€™re discussing hereā€¦

why would we have a paid 4.X?unturned is already free.thatā€™s weird

But since 4.0 will be a completely separate game, having it paid is a valid option.