How to Disable Auth Physics in 3.0 servers!

I’d like to preface this with a strong warning:

Disabling auth physics will allow cheaters complete freedom of movement. This means that they can potentially fly, speed hack, or even noclip underneath your map. If you do end up deciding to disable this, I highly recommend watching your server like a hawk for the first few days.

With that out of the way, here is the command that you need to add in your server’s Execute.config file:

“misc.dont_enable_this true”

This alleviates a lot of your server’s processing time because it completely trusts player movement and doesn’t make calculations to verify it. It also means that players will no longer rubber band through regular movement or while driving/walking on vehicles. And while BattlEye is a solid defense against cheating, it doesn’t work instantly. This means that for some time it can allow cheaters to exploit the vulnerabilities listed above.

There are amazing advantages, but you must sacrifice some server security in order to gain them. For more information, click here. If you notice a resurgence in cheaters abusing this freedom of movement, re-enable auth physics immediately.

Special thanks to Wakko for helping in the entire process of finding this out, as well as Rain for testing out the process on one of his servers. Finally, thanks to Nelson for letting us know this existed.

tl;dr: A breakthrough fix that will eliminate most if not all of the physics issues/bugginess of standing on vehicles as well as vehicle handling in general, as well as giving your server vast optimization. The cost: potentially increased vulnerability to flyhacks/noclipping.

A testing demonstration from Rain as we were trying to figure this out:

Notice how the vehicle physics are a bit smoother, and you don’t glitch out weirdly in mid-air! The removal of auth physics even allows you to stand on a vehicle as it is being airlifted by a Skycrane. It’s pretty amazing, but do keep in mind that 3.0 still has wonky physics regardless.

11 Likes

This is great. Thank you so much for sharing this. I hope some server owners start using this.

I’ve been hearing about this for awhile, nice to see someone finally did the research to not only verify it, but how to implement it for the public to see.

Good job, good man.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.