Im getting a gaming PC, any tips?

idk what to get and honestly in terms of gpu and cpu and my budget is good I just dont want something that would disappoint me especially that I dont have a lot of experience in desktops.
im obviously going for a gaming PC and im almost comfortable with this:

Intel I5 8500 1050Ti 128G SSD 1TB HDD Gaming Desktop ASUS B360M Motherboard 8G RAM

I’ve also went to pcpartpicker.com and tried for a setup as expensive as possible and ended up with this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DeanBoy601/saved/w2LtJx

Help is needed, idk what to choose before I go.

1 Like

What’s your budget?

1 Like

1700$ and below

1 Like

With that budget, I woulg get at leats a gtx 1060 6gb, the cpu is good, you should care about a good monitor, and some good power supply for future upgrades. And I would go with amd, intel don’t have a good history when it comes for costumer support.

4 Likes

My rig ended up costing $1400 because I got a comp that somebody had already owned and upgraded, then traded in to a local shop where they cleaned it and fixed it and everything. It’s treated me well for a year and a half now with a sweet succulent $200 monitor. Since it’s a preowned I can’t give you a link or anything but I can tell you to consider your options. I looked seriously at 3 different computers before I chose that one. If you’re based on America you might want to consider B&H. They’re a store in Manhattan with a lot of gaming computers, regular computers, keyboards, mice, webcams, mics, monitors, etc.

2 Likes

My rig is about $250 total.
$200 for the laptop, $30 for the headset, and $20 for the gaming mouse.

3 Likes

Now,thats the way to go!

2 Likes

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Xeon E5-2697 V4 2.3GHz 18-Core Processor ($3950.00 @ Umart)
CPU: Intel - Xeon E5-2697 V4 2.3GHz 18-Core Processor ($3950.00 @ Umart)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($488.04 @ Amazon Australia)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($488.04 @ Amazon Australia)
Motherboard: Asus - Z10PE-D8 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($913.00 @ Amazon Australia)
Memory: Kingston - 64GB (4 x 16GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory ($1319.08 @ Amazon Australia)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Pro 4TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($2229.00 @ BudgetPC)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Pro 4TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($2229.00 @ BudgetPC)
Video Card: NVIDIA - Titan Xp 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($1950.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: NVIDIA - Titan Xp 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($1950.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: Corsair - Obsidian Series 1000D ATX Full Tower Case ($616.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MASTERWATT MAKER MIJ 1200W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($1299.00 @ Umart)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit ($268.00 @ Shopping Express)
Total: $21649.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-30 22:31 AEST+1000

I’ve composed you a budget PC. It should be within your price range.

3 Likes

Oh poor baby, what FPS do you run Unturned at

1 Like

For 1080p

1060 6gb

I3 8100 or i5 8400 if you think you need 6 cores (editing/music production ect.

16gb ddr4 2400mhz ram

B360 board.

Oh, it’s that old thing, intel for gaming, amd for everything else.

when a cpu costs nearly four times as much as your computer budget

1 Like

Just remember that SSD > HDD. Get at least 250GB, and if you still have some money left get a HDD with at least 7200RPM - should be good enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

That CPU cooler is old as hell,

You don’t need such an overpriced large motherboard just for gaming,

For the average user 8GB might be a tight squeeze. 16GB dual channel will improve gaming performance and give you more headroom,

The 860 is a SATA-based drive using old-gen hardware. The 970 is the latest-gen hardware running on the blazing fast m.2 interface. It’s amazing and well worth the extra money,

For 144hz gaming I’d suggest a 1070. Aslong as your budget is 1700$ like you say it is then the 1070 will be perfect, as it will do a splendid job, has tons of GPU VRAM, and can probably handle 60FPS 2k or 4k if you decide to upgrade later on,

I’m not a big fan of intel, but I guess intel single-threaded performance is superior to AMD’s Ryzen. Though if you want more performance from your CPU for equal or less money, the Ryzen 2000 family processors are a no-brainer. I suggest getting a R5 2600X if you decide to go with AMD Ryzen (Also all Ryzen processors already come with their own thermal paste and badass CPU cooler)

That case is kinda garbo and the side panel is acrylic (I think). The NZXT S340 comes in multiple color choices if you don’t like Black/Red (the cheapest one) and features a much more sleek modern look. The PSU also has its own little compartment and I’m almost certain this case has more room in the back for cable management,

Not trying to say anything but a copy of Windows 10 64-bit is ‘free’ :wink: you don’t have to buy a copy and get a disc drive just to install windows - you can install it from a flashdrive,

I replaced your wireless adapter with the one I have. I can personally garauntee you that it’s flipping amazing. Though if you want more slots you can simply choose a motherboard that has a built in wifi adapter. Same with your wired card. You could find a motherboard that has 10GB/s internet already on it,

I also want to make sure you understand that 10GB/s is Giga-bit, meaning it will only transfer at actual speeds of 1.25Gigabytes a second. I heavily doubt your internet can go that fast, but if you want this to trasnfer files between computers you’ll need a second 10GB/s card in the other computer you wish to use. You may want to downgrade to 1GB/s,

Though I’m a big fan of “you cant see more than 60 fps” I truly think you should choose a monitor with a bigger screen / higher resolution over higher frame-rates. Plus, higher frame-rate monitors suffer from the way they were manufactured, and may not show colors as good as another monitor with a different manufacturing process will perform.

Intel board and CPU with wireless and wired adapter - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CQ2dFt
AMD board with CPU and a wireless adapter and 1GB/s in motherboard - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hRX64q

Also you definitely won’t need a UPS. If you decide you really need one then go ahead and get one.

thanks for the tip, I was still not sure what to get

atm on my laptop I cant get past 20 xd

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.