Making an Actual Guide to the SDG Forums

I know that there’s a lot of “Guides” on the forums, however, I want to make a Video guide, it will be focused on being comedic, but will also have some genuinely usefully info.
I was planning on splitting it into sections, Part 1 is getting familiar with the site’s tools and the categories. Part 2 would be about rules. Part 3 would be community culture, (would try to squeeze in a bit about Necroposting into this section)
I’m not a ridiculously active user of the forums, I check it daily, but I haven’t been around all that long. If any of you who are more informed than I am (molt) then I would be more than happy to add your suggestions to the video. I will also update progress on the video right here, in this thread.

3 Likes

uhhh, you call that not being active?

When I said that I was kinda, tired I kinda ment I just don’t engage much, and only reply to 1 or 2 threads every once and awhile.

1 Like

Checks post
Run

He’s still doing it. Run for your lifes.

o no
theendisnear.jpeg

3 Likes

(take none of this seriously, it’s a satirical rant)

Why you little…

What do you think you can achieve that I didn’t already with my fully superior Handy Dandy Beginner’s Guide to the SDG Forums™, you mongoloid? I’ll have you know that comedic value always plays second fiddle to the sheer wonder of discovering something new. And that can only be achieved by a significant excess of information that is readily accessible to the user. I don’t think you know what you’re up against, kiddo, as I am more experienced, passionate, and ego-tastic than you and every other regular combined. I am the life essence of this forum, and you are but a mere mortal child! You’re already dead.

Ascended

Seriously though by all means if you think you can pull it off, go for it

4 Likes

No worries, Molton’s about to release his new book.
Wait, this image thing has disappeared for a second. We survived.

1 Like

Wrong, Aj has more replies than you “kiddo” hehehe

General Formatting

[b]bold[/b] or **bold** or __bold__
[i]italics[/i] or *italics* or _italics_
[u]underline[/u]
[s]slash[/s] or slash or ~~slash~~
@name
# Level 1 header via number sign
## Level 2 header via number sign
### Level 3 header via number sign
#### Level 4 header via number sign

<h1>Header Level 1 via tags</h1>
<h2>Header Level 2 via tags</h2>
<h3>Header Level 3 via tags</h3>
<h4>Header Level 4 via tags</h4>
<h5>Header Level 5 via tags</h5>
<h6>Header Level 6 via tags</h6>

`code via backticks`

<code>code via tags</code>
<pre>preview box</pre>
<sup>superscript</sup>
<sub>subscript</sub>
<small>small text</small>
<big>big text</big>

<b>bold via bracket tags</b>
<i>italics via bracket tags</i>

Hyphen-based Header Generation

-

:arrow_up: any amount of hyphens on their own line with text above, will turn the above text into a level 2 header; if on their own line and no text is above, or the above text is a header, it becomes a bullet list

--

:arrow_up: always becomes an en-dash, unless on its own line and something is above

---

:arrow_up: becomes an em-dash when sharing a line, and becomes a horizontal rule when on its own line and nothing is above

----

:arrow_up: any hyphens over three will no longer create any form of dash, but must still have its own line to create a horizontal rule :arrow_down:

Lists and References

[quote][/quote]
[](http://)
> blockquote
    indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
* List item
- List item
1. List item

Numerical List Ordering

Starting a numbered list will result in it keeping track of the order for you, starting from the first number. For example:

5. Hi,
2. you
9. should
2. run
2. for
17. your
666. LI**V**ES!
  1. Hi,
  2. you
  3. should
  4. run
  5. for