Map editor tips N' Tricks UPDATED*

Okay, sooner or later I will upload images on stuff I have created and how I created them, also, feel free to post your own map editor tricks and tips for all those people who are new to the game and need a little help.
How to crate a piece of paper
Step 1, get the newspaper object and place it on the ground

Step 2, flip it upsidedown

Step 3. use the scale tool to make it more narrow on each side till it looks around the general size of a piece of copypaper.

And there you go, you can also make it shorter and even more skinny to look like a letter, so you could fill a post office with them.
.How to create cash objects for a bank/suitcase full of cash
Step 1
first get the green book object, and the white book object

Step 2
Scale down the green object till it looks around the size of cash, but first make sure you have the white part of the book facing down

Step 3,
click the green book and press Ctrl+b, then click the white book and press Ctrl+N, make sure to flip the book upwards so you can click on it again if you accidentally off click it

Step 4
Widen the white book and shorten it until it looks like its a piece of well whatever holding the cash together

There you go, heres the video where I got the idea for the cash at, hope this helped yall that didnt want to watch the video xd

Heres another Help post by FlodotelitoKifo
Tutorial image
How to make Semi trailers look fine without the semi itself
Step 1
Place the Semi #2 object and put wheels on it

Step 2
Lower it down tot he ground to where its reasonable so the wheels are touching the groudn but not the trailer itself

Step 3
Put the object Cinderblock under the supports like so or you can use scaled pallets to look like boards. its kinda odd how to do it so I will probably post another info guide on how to make boards out of pallets and other objects

And there you go, I know its not perfect but its better than having basically floating trailers.
How to make working computers…sorta, I guess technically it could count as a loading screen.
Step 1
get the object computer #4 (or any computer object that has a screen/TV)and the greece screen object.

Step 2
Click the computer screen and press Ctrl+B then click the greece screen object and press Ctrl+V then move the object up until its level with the screen, turn it to the side and move it forwards till its visible.

Step 3
Scale the screen until it fits the computer and make sure its not outside of the range of the pc, keep in mind it will be pretty hard to select the screen after this so make sure you do it right.

And there you have it, a computer that looks like its turned on.
How to make a garage door
Step 1
Get the Shelf #2 Object

Step 2
Narrow it down with the scale tool till it looks like this.

Step 3
Move it into your garage area and you can make it longer by copying it and moving it down

BONUS
You can also use it for window shutters in buildings like gun shops

How to make small tables that could work well with tvs or Japanese tables ect (Thanks for the idea dude!!!)
Step 1
First get the object Shelf #1 or #4 ( you could probably also use normal tables as well xd)

Step 2
Lower it about 2 thirds into the ground (or until only the top shelf is showing)

Finally put whatever you want on it and there you go!

How to create a wide screen tv that doesn’t need to be set on a wall
Step 1
Get television #1 object and place it down, (make sure its over a table or whatever you want it on)

Step 2
Scale down the tv to a smaller size and lower it closer to the table/whatever else it is

Step 3
Copy the TV and paste it, flip it forward and bring it down to where its level with the table (Use Ctrl+c then Ctrl+v to copy and paste it)

Step 4
Scale the tv thats on the bottom to a much smaller size, like so

Step 5
copy the smaller tv/ the base and move it up, then scale it a lot smaller

Step 6
After that increase its height using the scale tool until its touching the TV, and make sure its not poking through the bottom

And there you go, you now have a good looking TV that isnt an old box or on the wall!!
How to make supports for mineshafts
Step 1
Using any tunnel or such, get Power Line #1and place it down

Step 2
Flip it upside down and move it to where you want it

Step 3
Scale it till the top of the power line isnt showing and then scale it to your desired size

More squarish pillars that are non destructible
Step 1
get Hawaii Pine Beam cap #1 and place it int he desired location

Step 2
Scale it untill it hits the roof

Step 3
Scale it to desired size and make the supports any size you want

And there you go!!
How to make nails for boards and etc.
Step 1
Get Barrel #1 and place it down

Step 2
Flip it on its side and set it against what you want nails on (like barricades on a house)

Step 3
Scale it down to a small size and move it into the object like so

And there you go!!!
How to add more detail to your map
Step 1
Get the object bricks #1 and start placing it randomly do the same with Newspaper #1

Step 2
Get some detailed vehicles and place them around the place(looks better if some of them are wrecked) TIP: a way to make the map more apocalyptic is to make places where fuel would be, blown up. Example, the truck that has a blast mark on it is a Cerberus modified to hold fuel instead of missiles. and resulting in a gunfight with the military, exploded along with all except one for the fuel things xd

Step 3
Add crates and adjust the tires on some of the vehicles to look more damaged, also add some random garbage bags as well. I would also advise a couple stacks of pallets as well. ( I know they look out of place but it helps the feel)

Step 4
Add the Bullet decal marks that are used on greece and possibly add even more crates, bricks, newspapers ect. Also add a table near a military vehicle to have a crate on as well. Road blocks would also help the feel of it. I also advise adding some beer and wine bottle around but scaling them down to a smaller size. Also add glass pieces by some of the cars. TIP: Adding crates on top of pallets will make them seem more used, along with pipes or other stuff.

And there you go! The less plain it looks, the better. Ill probably do stuff like this more often so check this often!
Oh btw, this image is going to be part of my Saint Pete’s Island/The last Island map so head over and download it!

8 Likes

thats a yes/10 trick

1 Like

? wut do you mean sorry xd

meant its good xd

oh thanks man xd, hope you can use them well

lolok

now let me give you one

hope its good yes

1 Like

yes it is good, is it fine if I add this to the post? I want this to be a community post that others can add to, well sorta xd

sure, just credit me xd

of course <3

Wonerful but can you do more of them?

I will in a minute

trying to figure out what I should do next… sorry guys… I’ll post something

Maybe how to make mods, I would like to know that.

Im not really good at mods man, sorry :confused:

Ok no problem

hey guys, tell me if you want me to make a youtube series out of this. where I do more complex things like how to detail a apartment or something

@FlodotelitoKifo @TheUnturnedplayer @MoltonMontro Come check out the new stuff would do the @ everybody but well… that would get people who dont want anything to do with this so yeah xd

1 Like

Bruh stop selfnecroing. Second thread today you’ve done it and both threads have the same topic.

bruh… im not self necroing, just letting the PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE THIS POST KNOW THAT ITS BEEN UPDATED!!! Jeeze… and no their not the exact same thing, the other one im trying to see if people want me to do videos, which would be easier to understand, and Im just commenting on how the votes are going, on this one as I said, Im just letting people know its been updated, in case you didnt notice, this post has way too much stuff on it for me to let it die

what the hecc