Mounted weapons

Got the idea from saying mounted weapons in my last post.
Basically the title says it all, mounted weapons. Like say a high powered machine gun at military barricades/checkpoints. Would probably be more based in areas where there’s a ton of zombies+ they only have one use and that’s when the ammo runs out. Mostly they would be good for clearing out hordes of zombies that are spawned in front of that barricade. Would also be nice to be able to use the mounted weapons of destroyed vehicles.
TL;DR
Mounted weapons for clearing hordes of zombies, with only 1 magazine available then they become unusable.

2 Likes

I don’t really like this. Think of all the trolls who would just shoot all the ammo, and then when you actually need it, it’s useless.

2 Likes

I don’t like the fact that they are essentially single use; I’d prefer more conventional stationary weapons such as machine gun turrets at military checkpoints being reloadable with their corresponding ammunition.

This also already exists in 3.0 through the power of mods :wink:

5 Likes

True, yet you have to spawn it in as a vehicle and it’s pretty dang awkward to use xd. and @kingfrog maybe it would have the ammo be refilled when the zombies respawn, or maybe it would only be on single player and specific servers.

1 Like

And sure I guess. I wanted it single use so people wouldn’t use it to mow down players traveling through.

1 Like

Actually, there’s a certain modded map I know of that has static weapons as actually part of the map.

Namely a modified HMG attached to a wrecked armored vehicle.

1 Like

What is this map?

1 Like

I like the idea of mounted guns. I think that heavy machine guns should be buffed in 4.0 to make it so that you can mount it whenever you want, for example on the back/top of your truck, on your base, etc…

1 Like

Well sure, but I would prefer them only being mountable :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t see a point in making mounted weapons one mag only. Generally, they use .50cal BMG. That’s the same ammo as the Grizzly, so what’s stopping you from loading that ammo into the gun? The belts certainly wouldn’t be uncommon in military installations as guns such as the M2 Browning (a HMG) are so common.

A better fix would be that you find the ammo in two parts. An ammo box, that is empty, and a belt, which is also empty, in which you load in the ammo. When the two are put together, bingo, you have yourself a heavy hitting machine gun. The only catch is that the belt disintegrates as it fires, and can not be used again, like most modern machine guns. This limits how often you can fire these. The same sort of thing could even be applied to machine guns, especially the Dragonfang/M249, to limit the effectiveness.

9 Likes

Yeah that sounds good.

1 Like

what if players / zombies could destroy / damage the gun and you should repair it in order to use it ?
i think you could also move it ( the lightests & portables models ) to add it somewhere on a tripod, without being able to use it .

2 Likes

You shoukd be able to put theese on a pickup.

2 Likes

But it is your trouble when you place it accessible to other players

1 Like

The suggestion is for them to be placed around the map by the map’s creator, not by players.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.