Nelson needs to add an EULA

beggars cant be choosers

Thank you for clearing that out. That was my issue with vanilla. I love it. But it’s always unavailable or dominated

hard for people to actually enjoy the game with people like you gloating about ‘beggars can’t be choosers’

A heads-up that there’s been some reports. This post must remain civil, or it will be locked.

"Being civil" would include:

• Not “flame warring,” or trying to get an aggressive response out of someone.

• Not attacking people personally.

• Not being aggressive. This applies to when you’re contributing something to the discussion, defending your own point of view, etc.

• Generally promoting an healthy environment for discussion.

• Keeping threads on-topic. If it’s a serious thread, then try to avoid actively “goofing around.” It’s fine if you want to joke around, even outside of #memes, but don’t purposefully do it to annoy others and throw the discussion off-topic.

• Following the FAQ.

1 Like

If you want something, make it happen, and stop forcing other people to bow to your whims.
Also, i’m not gloating. I am simply stating fact.

let the free market decide what lives, not your subjective opinion!

not to mention ill just pay admins under the radar for free stuff instead lmao

Just my little two hundred dollars.

Yea, it’s actually vary substable, done it myself and been in multiple private groups that did that kind of thing off of rigs. Not supercomputers in any means.

You can pretty much use a old pc (not primary computer so you can also play), and your set.
well technically you can hoast and play at the same time.

And not like it’s hard to make a server, there like three ways+ that i know of.

P2W servers aren’t hurting anyone. You may see it as manipulative and exploitive of children, but it is hardly damaging. In fact, if anything it just serves as a learning experience for them. Those of which are critical to one’s future.

I believe a better approach rather than a EULA is something y’all mentioned earlier:

I believe the best way to do this is by having official vanilla servers like the ones that will be present in II. However, since that’s probably not happening in 3.0, the next best thing is to help vanilla servers be sustained. This could be done with a vanilla donation button that links you to their server website, or a built in announcement that asks players to donate on occasion. And yes, working on vanilla mechanics and survival would also help.

This would increase vanilla’s popularity to some degree, which works in your favor to get less people playing on P2W servers. And that in turn would theoretically get more people playing since you believe the P2W servers are what people can’t stand. Let people decide for themselves what is enjoyable though, don’t decide for them with a EULA.

Just gonna say this here, I completely agree with rain. You see big servers like pandahut and such which are usually at the top of the server list, normally when a person starts playing the game, the see those servers, and join them. they manage to get started, log off for 30 minutes and come back to find their entire base destroyed by players who bought OP kits or admin. What would you do if you were this player?

P2W is never a good idea, and yalls arguments on why P2W is GOOD is seriously starting to piss me off. Servers should make their server fun so people want to donate, NOT sell OP kits so you get youtubers and kids who stole their parents credit card to go and raid the entire server, then log off with most of the good loot, or scrap it all, and never be seen again.

Just my opinion though. But once again, you guys are defending servers that sell OP kits which makes it EXTREMELY unfair to everyone else. Now, think about it. If it was a game instead of a server, yall would be hating on the game like no other. but since its a server, yall defend it so much…

1 Like

subjective. let the free market decide.

No one is defending P2W, they are just defending servers rights do what they want. No one has to play on pandahut, there is zero incentive, as servers only occupy first slots due to ping, and if you go out of your way to find servers that change the game with community addons, you should excpect the server to be changed due to community addons.

Again, no one is defending P2W, just the ability of servers to do what they want, also there is a reason P2W servers get paid, its because playing on them is fun. No one goes out of their way to play on P2W servers, they find out, settle down, have fun and then discover that you can buy these things, and they do it. Also on most servers, if you log out you are gonna get raided either way lol.

Your argument on if it was the games fault just doesnt work in the slightest, because if its hard coded into the game, you can never change it, while when its the servers you can just play on the other 80% of servers.

Also of late pandahut is actually dying out, most of their servers are complete wastelands with no one playing on them, which is usually the half of their vanilla no kit servers. Its almost like…demand and supply works?? Hmmm

1 Like

your joking, right?

you call this fun? Hours of work lost, just so a random youtuber can make a few bucks? Or for a little kid to have a kick from raidng everyone, they scrap everything, log off to never be seen again?

the other 80% is the P2W btw, probably around 20% of servers dont have P2W of any sort.

Lol, agreed.

100% agreed.

1 Like

I want you to think for a second

Why do you play video games?

To have fun right?

Of course! Thats what everyone does.

Now I want you think why at this current moment there are 22 people playing on PandaHuts OPKits Washington Pvp?

Do you really think there are 22 people playing a video game, and continuing to not play it, while not having any fun? Why would anyone play on a server if they arent having fun? There is ZERO reason whatsoever. They dont gain anything, because its a video game, they arent being paid, if anything they are shelling out money they could be earning in the form of time.

That little kid is having fun raiding you. Like it or not, people have fun playing on these kinds of servers. Sometimes you are the one raiding, sometimes you are raided, thats just how life works. People want to have fun playing video games, and young children have short attention spans, which is why they like kit servers. When there is a demand there is a supply, and when large groups of people have FUN playing on kit p2w servers, a supply (pandahut and the like) emerges. Once that group gets burnt out, they stop playing on those servers and they die. You are straight up just watching the free market doing its thing.

Your next argument, which for some reason is a separate post, just isnt true. Most servers dont have a website, let alone a paypal set up to donate/buy kits.

1 Like

I know right? It disgusts me how so many people try to defend P2W with the argument of “its free market” or “its their choice”. Again, this is just a game. Kids are playing this game man and these kits just make it so unfair and unappealing to a big majority of players who just want to have fun. Do you know how long it’s been since my group has found a decent server to actually play on? One thats popular, non-p2w, dedicated and not going down within a month, etc? It’s extremely annoying having to basically do a scavenger hunt just to find a decent server. It’s really upsetting to see Unturned like this.

1 Like

Obviously but this v

As I said, kids or youtubers, or heck, people who dont want to have to find the gear. But, OP kits isn’t what I meant SINCE THE SERVER LETS EVERYONE HAVE ACCESS TO THE KITS. and not just the people who spent 50 bucks.

Oh really? You defense is that a little kid, who have fun doing anything REMOTELY rude to other people is sound? Now, think over it again.

“Kid Joins server, sees he can buy a kit with a MK2 and a Minigun, as well as as many explosive charges as he wants buys it, goes find YOUR massive base you spent hours, or even days making, blows the entire base up, calls it a day and then goes onto another server TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING”

YOur reasoning of only 1 type of people having fun with it isnt really good. There are other people who play the game than little kids and youtubers dammit.

Might be dumb, but couldn’t you play on your own servers?