NPC Companions

NPCs in Unturned II shouldn’t be more complex than basic navmeshes (like we have for zombies in 3.0). The reason I say this is because pathfinding for an entire map would be a nightmare to make properly functional (there’s a reason animals in 3.0 are so buggy, its because they lack literally any pathfinding). Not to mention NPC companions would be semi-difficult to balance, nevermind differate from actual players.

I’m definitely all for seeing armed NPCs, but not in the form of companions.

inb4 Fallout76 reference.

1 Like

I’d actually love this. It would take away some of Unturned servers, and make it a bit more fun.

1 Like

I think this would be good but it might work better if ther was support for it but not in the base game. Npc bandits would be cool though and guards for your base that walk around.

1 Like

If it was a sentry on legs, or a pet that goes and collects dropped loot. This game will have near unlimited modability, so if it isn’t in vanilla, it could be in a mod

1 Like

:point_right::point_right:

NPC companions could be a good idea for some quests , however , the best companion you can have is a real player .

1 Like

True… :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the idea but i think that it should be only avavable on singleplayer (until nelson balances npcs and fixes all of the bugs) because npcs can be abused

Sort of offtopic but…

For singleplayer amd co-op this would be nice. For pvp mp, not so much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.