NPC towns

Didn’t I say you couldn’t pull out a gun unless it was a duel?

Whatever, it’s likely the towns will be like 3.0s safezones. You can’t pull out weapons and such.

i feel like it’d be fun to be able to get friendly NPC’s to travel with you in your car, and fire at zombies and stuff

Perhaps you should be able to kill them, but your reputation would decrease and the other NPC’s would start attacking you.

1 Like

Perhaps.

And I guess those would technically be companions. Hmm… I’ll add that to my checklist of posts I need to make.

this is a pretty interesting idea. It’d be real fun to have npc towns in II.

Might be very complex to mod

Unturned and core features/Events

When Nelson finishes the basics of the game,
Comes the decision of what to focus on the Big suggestions
Providing lots of gameplay potential and requiring lots of work cant all be implemented (in a reasonable time frame)

So what do you think will come first?

Excursions?

Npc camps?

Npc bandits?

Zombie bases?(sorry i cant exactly remeber what it was called but basically a infected building that spawns different kinds of zombies that can be raided for loot)

This is meant to be vanilla, not modded -_-

Yes sorry I misexplained myself .
Would be programate instead of mod

pomegranate?

Image result for Pomegranate

1 Like

4 Likes

Lol. I wonder where one could get that? (Just kidding)

Maybe there could be overrun settlements that you can investigate and loot. And other settlements that trade with each other and that settlement could ask you to scout out the area and find out what happend. And an npc might ask you to find someone like a spouse a friend they may ask you to retrieve a ring or a necklace.

kinda the point of rebuilding destroyed places. You can loot the place before you do so… yeah.

TL;DR: Logically water/food makes more sense, but notes are the better choice for gameplay. Scavengers/Thieves require a fully functioning world which prob won’t happen. Schedules might already be planned but curfews are a cool idea.
(Sorry that I’m hella late on this chief, only caught this post cause of the Necro)

With the whole Currency bit, while it logically makes more sense for food at what not, (Since money is backed by a government and when a government collapses the money’s worth collapses too, water would actually be a better currency due to the fact that there’s gradually less and less of it and we kind need it to survive, though water purifiers nullify this, so its kinda up to a “does the NPC faction own a water purifier”.) I personally believe that Old-World Money is the better choice here, simply because it gives all those dollar bills a use besides being petty toilet paper, which was kind of an issue that UI had, nothing to use notes on.
Thieves are a pretty cool concept, they don’t hurt looting because as long as you have a gun you can just shoot the sucker and get all his loot with no consequences. Scavengers, however, they’re basically like Thieves except there’s consequences if you kill them and they don’t instantly try to kill you, this could kinda hurt looting but all you would really need to do is just up the spawns on loot. The Caravans are a neat concept and it would give the Bandits more things to do, however, I’m not sure if a world that can function fine without you is all that easy to make and is something that’s interesting to play with. This whole Thieves and Scavengers concept assumes Nelson is going to implement a fully functioning world that can operate just fine without you. (The Survivors need to be able to interact with constantly moving Turned, thieves and caravans. Thieves need to interact with all of the above and also wait for Caravans to appear so they can loot em, Caravans need to be able to deal with Thieves if they appear and random hordes of Turned.) Not sure how hard something like this is to make, but I think it’s pretty safe to say that this isn’t something that’s likely going to happen. (besides bandits, Nelson gets flooded with suggestions for them)
The other thing I kinda don’t like is the Coalition gear thing, selling it to them and them wanting you head kinda doesn’t make sense. I think it would prob be better if they just got a bit suspicious of you. The Taverns selling Molotov’s doesn’t make a ton of sense but if it was a bandit town then I guess that makes more sense. In non-bandit towns, it would prob make more sense to just sell the alcohol. Oh, and Molotov’s aren’t usually made from Alcohol unless that Alcohol is made from fine Gasoline or Napalm, you can, but it probably would be pretty weak.
Not sure how the Duels would work, but the idea of Zombie Pit Fights is just too cute (not saying pit fights are cute, just imagining naked 3.0 zombies slapping each other in a divot) The whole Schedule and Curfew thing is definitely something we will most likely get, if my memory serves me well, Nelson is already planning on doing something like this, however, he never mentioned anything about Curfews, which would be interesting. Continuing on the topic of schedules, it would be cool to see Gaurd that get up, go to bed, and are replaced by Guards that work the night shift when the moon rises.

2 Likes

i don’t think notes should be treated as single notes. i think you’d be able to get like $100 out of a cash register (that you could press F on and it would automatically put all the money in each slot) and you’d get it in stacks of $10 or $5 notes, and that money should stack, be easier to find, and take up a “money slot”. This would look visually similar to Terraria’s or something like that, with a single slot for each unit of money ($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100) off to the side of the main inventory, and would only be able to put money in. You’d also be able to get money from zombies or NPCs that you’ve killed.

1 Like

This is a good idea, but remember that this is still an indie game developed by one person, also, the game doesn’t have the budget of a triple A game and will not profit Nelson that much (considering the game is planned to be free to play without cosmetics and those kind of stuff). I’m not against your idea but asking this much is just unrealistic, this is the problem with suggestions like this, it’s too much work for Nelson.

I’m sorry if I sound rude or if I’m ruining this discussion or anything else (I can be super serious sometimes).
EDIT: Yes I edited this a lot, I might have a minor OCD or something, I never tolerate any small mistakes in my text.

2 Likes

True, and I think this is something a lot of people need to keep in mind when making big suggestions for very niche and kinda specialized and complicated things for II, Nelson just can’t do a lot of these things by himself (which is why I, and a lot of other people think that making the game paid could have many benefits).

Im pretty sure a military officer would be pretty pissed off if your tried to sell the clothes of his friends to him.