Player Genetics

holy shit that’s the worst comparison i’ve seen in my fucking life, haha try again buddy

3 Likes

i need justice for driving a firetruck through 5 houses

Edit: i also need justice for listening to a blitzed and drunk loli sing Country roads

I legit said that in my traits post. It’s basically the same as this post but with good traits to.

Sorry for all the people that are gonna get notified lol

Look, I (and probably others) do not want a character building trait system in UII. As someone with a handful of hundred hours in C:DDA which has a very very similar system to what you are descirbinng, and I love that game, but its singleplayer. The problem is there will always be meta builds that are superior than others. There will always be traits that are stronger than others (if there is a point cost system) and if there isnt, then all traits feel samey. You can not make a character building system both effect gameplay and also actually be balanced and feature more than a handful of playstyles. Everyone will always go for whatever lets them snowball or whatever helps them in the end game the most, because if you “make it” that life you will have more fun in the end game. Think about it this way, there is the potential to spend 10 hours playing fully geared out, but you know for a fact that it only takes 2 hours to get to that point, so you can have 2 hours of an advantage, or the potential to have 10 or more hours of advantage. Obviously those numbers are made up but I hope you get what I am saying here. No matter what any end game character build will always be superior.

I feel like what you really want is just gameplay variables that let you spice it up, which could easily, and far far far more effectively be done with a very large, and very end game centric skill system that rewards play time. My perfect vision for this is that everyone spawns as a clean slate, and then builds their character throughout the game into whatever suits their needs/style.

People have put thousads of hours into unturned, have excitedly contributed to the forums and have big hopes for UII. A decent chunk of those people would be really disappointing (assuming nelson went on a bender and decided to implement) a system like the one you suggest. Logging into the gae only too see that you have to choose a burdn to bear for the rest of your entire experience of the game? (going with the 1 negative 1 positive thing) That would directly lower the amount of variation from “life” to life.
No one is against good gaeplay mechanics that fairly add challege to the game, I just dont want to get screwed over by something that wasnt my mistake. Survival games should punish the player for doing stupid things, survival games should not punish the player for playing the game.

yep thats what I meant. In TF2 some of the guns are just straight up better than the stock ones though, even if they are slightly zany. (I remember the soda popper or baby someting being fairly op) In applying ths to your idea, it would be that you could get skins, but all of them would be zanier and all of them wold make the game harder. You could do it, but the tryhards that would be trying to kill you wouldnt.

Just trying to show the general community opinion on it. I dont really see how that would get something locked, its not a poll saying I want it locked, but in all honesty I dont really see this going much further from here. Im assuming yo are going to reply saying that durability punishes the player for using weapons, and hunger punishes players for walking around and then something about tf2, ignoring things that are fairly good points and baiting for another reply. sorry for the typos I was waiting for an uber and its cold out and i have had some fun if you feel me

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Opened per OP request.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.