Raiding

So. The title kind of explains itself. Unturned II (4.x) need to fix an underlying issue with 3.0. Raiding. I can’t count how many times I’ve spent hours on a base just for it to be easily raided while I’m offline. Here’s a poll for solutions let’s see what you guys think. It won’t let me edit the poll, but the sentries option is supposed to be sentries and/or traps

• Invincible bases when offline. Structures become invincible when the group is offline
  • Hard to destroy structures when group is offline.
  • Buffed sentries.

0 voters

Also where can I contact a moderator to edit my poll?

1 Like

i like the buffed defence one, like mabe double or triple a structures hit points.j
but i think just having a penalty for raiding is good enough

1 Like

how about not making stuff OP when the group logs off? Maybe if the structure health was decent enough even when the group is online and offline (no change in hp) that’d be good. And the best way to control raiding imo is balancing the raiding tools not the structures, i.e making ammunition and raiding guns rare and costly.

4 Likes

Base defense while offline should definitely be easier to set up. More traps and way better sentries. However, it should be harder to get end game raiding tools, as well as base building materials.

1 Like

Maybe we could use NPCs for protection, we go to the NPC base of the map and ask to someone to protect a base for a time.

How about no to all of them ?
Rust has this done perfectly, wood is the basic, easy-to-raid base, then you have stone which is the first material that makes your base well-protected, then Sheet Metal, which is the difficult material to dig trough and then you have High Quality Metal, which is practically unraidable in a vanilla server. Also really hard to make in the first place. Invincible bases when offline, are you kidding me ? The issue with Unturned, is that bases are really underpowered and getting by a machine gun or explosives is way too easy, and if you’re playing in a Rocket Mod server, then it’s as good as raided, unless you honeycomb the shit out of it with metal walls.
Buffing bases’ health pool when the user/s are offline is equally bad as the first one, why is it 100% needed to give bases a buff of sorts when it’s offline ?
Sentries are good as they are, how powerful they are should depend on how wealthy you are and whatever weapon is in it defines how much damage it would make.

The only reasonable thing you left in the Poll is the Sentry Buff, but even that isn’t really needed.

P.S. When you make a poll, include EVERY option, don’t force people into agreement by leaving only the things you think are good, you should’ve included an option for people that disagree with your ideas.

1 Like

in the true dont is about the simple fact of raid when group stay on or off, is the power of explosives, is easy make a test in your game place a c4 in a mid of a extructure 3x3x3 the C4 go destroy all. this game need a remake in loot because in 3hours i have c4 to destroy the all server and pick the C4s in invaded bases!

What about more tiers of building materials?
Like concrete, steel and all this kind of material, bases would be almost unraidable and be a good end-game objective…

You could also reinforce structures with random materials

1 Like

the problem in 3.0 is is easy make C4 and he ignore objects and cause damage in “back” from him

Idk what game it is but from one game you can get like notification on your smartphone that someone is raiding you or something like that idk how it is exactly.Cos i played Unturned a lot and there are so much people who will wait before you go offline and i hate these people online raid is so much more fun and isnt that easy for raiders

1 Like
  • I think Nelson should work on some setting 'Like Maybe the Nykorev can destory a structure but it make 1 hp dammge to the structure or if ur using a Minigun do like “2 - 5 hp to structure” “rockets 5 - 10” , “C4 10 - 20 hp”
    and
    depend an what structure ur using if it is a metal structure then it != 1500hp , Bricks != 1000hp , Pine !=500

or maybe normal player can re-onforce his own structure maybe with other tools u can craft , a Metal Floor Re onforced that’s duplicate the hp of the structure like x2 from 1500hp to = 3000hp and it will be hard to raid a base ,then u should like be 3 to 5 pbl to raid a base

i hope my idea get clear :slight_smile: sorry for my english

I REALLY hope the Hell’s Fury does NOT return in 4.0.

5 Likes

I hope if a minigun is added to unturned it will only be a mounted weapon for vehicles.

1 Like

I don’t think this solves the problem the right way.
In order to solve the problems with raiding you would need to tamper with Base Building and acquirement of Raid Tools.

IE making structures in Unturned overall stronger, making raid tools (Like charges and possibly flamethrowers in Unturned II) harder to create.

I’m afraid I will have to abstain from voting my friend.

3 Likes

Also, get rid of craftable explosives, that is just annoying seing players crafting charges

What does the age of a player have to do with a game mechanic ? That sounds pretty pretentious.

2 Likes

May be going a bit too far. Just make charges harder to craft.
IE requiring a specific crafting station for explosives, or jacking up the prices for charges.

See, that’s the thing, to balance it out from raider’s perspective, there SHOULD be craftable explosives, else it’s all a big hunt for a lump of plastic explosives, and have in mind, we’re talking for a 32+ people server.

I suggest getting rid of that pretentious comment in the future.

Corrected.