Remember old modding community from 2015?

As many long time players know the workshop now is full of random horrible and repetive content without any effort actually put into it at all. I know it’s not easy to create a map at all but creators of decent maps put effort and time into it unlike some low quality content spam which is everywhere on the workshop.

Admin alicepacks,vanilla maps just with spawns removed titled as something like ,PEI SUPER RP" and guns which don’t fit the artstyle and are overpowered are the norm now. In 2015 and hell even in early 2016 the workshop wasn’t like this and there was still decent content.

There was even an entire website dedicated to the modding community called mods which is now sadly defunct.
Is this because of optimization problems or the community as a whole.

Do you think there is a way how to bring change or atleast fix this issue in some form atleast for 4.0 ?

I would say the opposite… In 2015 there was no clear vanilla style, so everyone just had their own semi-high poly style (M3nT4L’s, Kiket’s, Artifact’s style and all the other modders operating at that time) now from what I’ve seen most guns atleast try to be what Nelson strives his guns to be like.

Also, RP maps and admin alice packs have been present simce March 2015, they are as irrelevant now as they were back then… And they are CERTAINLY not the norm.

5 Likes

From what I know (edit: rememeber) it wan’t that good. Most of weapons mods were just default weapons with changed stats. At least there was fresh breeze, now mods, maps aren’t that unique.

1 Like

Yes there were no vanilla weapons but maps on the workshop were unique and there was always something to download and play. Now just look at the first 5 pages in the workshop and you will see the same horrible poorly made ,maps" if you can call them like that. Wickerville or Smileyland were unique in a sense as every location felt diffrent than the previous one. Also the maps had a lot detail which is now not so possible because of optimization issues. Well now even a map of the same quality as PEI is a rare thing.

Weapons weren’t that good. I agree but as you have said the maps alteast felt unique.

1 Like

I think it’s a mix of both. More creative, vanilla themed items have been coming out recently - but so have low quality mods.

There’s a bunch of really cool maps, mods, etc that have a lot of time poured into them and feature unique ideas, yet the amount of content constantly streaming from the workshop overshadows that.

I almost wish there was some sort of restriction for the workshop. Perhaps a mix of in-game hours and other statistics.

MO weapons is a good example or the Japan map on the workshop.But I think there should some form a modding forum where maps and other mods could be posted here on the SDG website as an alternative to the workshop. If somebody post bad or troll content it could get flagged and removed and only decent and better mods would be allowed here.

Remember that time when modding is primitive and people are limited by whatever assets the game has?

• ‘M4A1’ mod which is just an automatic Eaglefire with Maplestrike iron sights.
  • ‘VSS Vintorez’ mod which is just a silenced Snayperskya with a 7x Scope
1 Like

Yeah I do remember that type of a mod. MLBB did a video on an early gun mod which had renamed hawkhounds and timberwolf with changed stats in late 2014.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.