Renaming weapons

Since Nelson wants more customization in Unturned II, what if a player was able to rename their weapons, such as “Pork’s amiable assault rifle” “Molton’s ban hammer” or “Yarr’s pirated axe.”

The weapon name will only show up in a player’s inventory, not when dropped. Meaning that when someone loots a person, the gun will read “Eaglefire” and not the renamed version. Players can also rename guns taken from other people at a workbench.

Thoughts?

7 Likes

I don’t see the point if it doesn’t keep the name you give it.

4 Likes

I agree, but not in

that will be useless.

3 Likes

Maybe custom descriptions would work better, since those only show up in the inventory anyway.

1 Like

What I was afraid was that people would see “Pork’s amiable assault rifle,” but they would not actually know what weapon it is on. So that way, they understand that I was using an “Eaglefire” and not something else.

I was saying like it shows “Pork’s amiable assault rifle” and in bottom Eagelfire

7 Likes

That could work as well, sure!

1 Like

I think that’s actually pretty good!

So when I get myself a signature customised rifle cough next overpowered Matamorez varient, I can make it the Tank Destroyer or something.

1 Like

Lol, I would name the PDW “y nelson ;-;” but thanks for replying

1 Like

I go create a sworld called scalibur!!

Good Idea Guy!

without a name tag, you will be able to rename it but it will just show up to you. but with a name tag, it will show up for everyone.

2 Likes

I believe this is sarcasm, but you can’t tell these days.

of course it is lel, this is not cs:go

can’t wait to make XxPu$$yD3str0y3rxX’s Maplestrike

3 Likes

Now that you’ve said that… People will find a way to exploit this and do inappropriate things like, text art or something. So now I’m not so sure how much I like this idea xdxd

You could say the same thing about signs and placards, yet they are still in the game.

4 Likes

i always wanted to name my Maplestrike “Mjölnir”

1 Like

Of course.
I mainly think this because people are going to be very mature with this option.

I’d love to call my Heartbreaker ‘Maplestrike: Made In China’.

3 Likes

That’s rude :disappointed_relieved: