Something Im working on

So Recently on my map I’ve been building a destroyed survivor base. Tell me what you think of it.

I think it would look more fitting if it was a wooden base, but hey, your map

yeah I was more or less making it look raided… and actually thats probably a good idea, but I couldn’t get the wood to look good so I moved on to metal cause it would be easier xd, and I also understand why you said that cause well xd the map is overloaded with trees xd

People are going to be able to hold F to salvage the pieces. Things from the barricade and structures tab can be salvages by players.

yeah I know, unless if your on a server then its usually only the owner who can do so. I just hope people dont do so.

Pretty sure this should be categorized as workshop

yeah sorry, forgot

Add more stuff to make it look like a clan base. Like a wire fence. fence #2, a wooden tower thing, and a destroyed vehicles. Also add greece bullet metal decal thing. I also don’t like the lighting. Use germany’s lighting.

actually I have added some of those xd

Considering all of that will be salvageable, that’s not quite a good idea

More debris needed

Plus if these get destroyed they will never come back.

@GreatHeroJ @NuclearPotato @Harvest @tehswordninja so basically all of you are saying it was a bad idea and I should get rid of it.

Well, while your intention was creative, this would be a bad idea given someone could take the building materials for their own base, which doesn’t exactly make sense

yeah… If I want to keep it I guess Ill just have to hope people dont salvage it. Also, you cant salvage it on a server so if someone runs this on a server well… I dunno XD

I didn’t say that, you can build whatever you like, I probably won’t use anything in the workshop very much either way.

huh, okay cewl xd. I think ima listen to your guys advise. maybe replace the buildables with nornals objects… somehow T-T

Have you seen my map in the forested areas?

As others said, the main issue is that the base is salvagable. I think the trees are fine, actually they are not that much.
You should test if it’s possible to salvage stuff while in a safezone, and maybe add npc’s to the locations idk (jus an idea). There should be in the devkit a volume that doesn’t allow people to build in it, maybe it works also the other way around and it could prevent players from salvaging.

Single player safe zones allow some “building” (for example placing and claiming beds) but multiplayer does not. Haven’t tested extensively.