The Turned (Huge list of ideas)

Would be nice to see some more harder enemy types, especially more bosses and specials that replicate what current special zombies do in 3.0.

Maybe some messed up S7/other evil/sketchy group engineered Turned?

I’m thinking something with a cannon on its arm that shoots fire.

yeeted those morons

3 Likes

stalker

i think we all know where that fellas gotta go

3 Likes

Extradimensional according to the excursions Trello card.

I don’t understand why Revenants need a separate category from walkers. Sure, a high level player with good gear would become a turned which is above average at somethings and has above average gear, but a fresh spawn who gets turned would have below average stats and gear.

If becoming one of the turned is reliant on losing HP, then players can’t kill someone about to be turned to prevent having to fight a revenant, and players could prevent turning by spamming bandages.

One type that your list lacks, which I would like to see in the game would be an equivalent to headcrabs, flood infection form, necromorph swarms, and necromorph swarmers. Small low health enemies like them would fill a unique niche among the types of infected and allow for other types like an equivalent to the flood carrier form and necromorph pregnant or an equivalentto the gonarch or a weaker more common type of spawner or pods full of them. If they were added I would expect them to have low health, and do low damage, but have a small hitbox and move fast relative to their size. Maybe they would do a fairly high amount of “turning point” damage and/or be able to reanimate ragdolls.

I’ll say what I said on Narc’s post

I can’t say I support any effects of light on the turned beyond what I’ve already stated. unless the light is concentrated into a powerful laser beam

1 Like
ClawStalker : was once a zombie but strange mutation happened and made its primal mind smarter
  • can be find in cities, cliffs, hanging on walls using mutated claws
  • when the player goes under it, it jump and attack the player with its claws
  • don’t move, except once it has jumped
  • very low life
  • huge damages, bleeding effect, can damage unarmored vehicles easily
  • 50 % chances to die if it miss the player while jumping

concept picture climberconcept

Howler : was an normal zombie but it mutated to cry as loud as possible
  • try to escape the player when day has come
  • scream very loudly when nights has come
  • low damages , low hp
  • when screaming, inflict deafness to player for 5 - 10 seconds ( kinda like flashbang )
  • when screaming, it also aggro nearby creatures to him

Attacker : it once was an powerfull zombie but scientists tought they could control it with a machine, it now wander around slowed by the machine but allow it to walk on an area to protect something valuable, however, it is fully dependant to the machine
  • Very smart
  • high health
  • high damages
  • very slow
  • can be instantly stunned by electric weapons or if you shoot on machine battery, making it defensless

Giant : an abnormally big zombies with many mutation
  • insanely slow
  • huge health
  • sometimes accidentally fall on ground when walking
  • moderate damages
    concept picture
    giantconcept

Apocalypse Beast : probably the most recognisable turned, was once a zoo animal but its mutations made it unrecognizable
  • will charge at high speed, dealing huge damage
  • easy to dodge its charge
  • moderate health
  • very slow while wandering and walking, however, goes at very high speed while charging
  • wont attack while unprovoked ( at day ) , however, randomly attack player , animals and even turned at night
  • take 2 seconds for charge animation, giving time to player to kill it or run
    concept picture
    Abeastconcept

Honestly a very good list of ideas.

Fully dependent on a machine? What’s the point of that? The primal mind makes it smarter? W H A T

1 Like

He means like a cyborg zombie. Im fine with sci fi things as long as its really end game. Im assuming the fully dependent part is a weak point.

1 Like

Just want to say, I like this topic because it actually suggests we still have the classic type of zombies, as well as a lot of different zombies. So unturned won’t lose its classic zombie, but it also adds new stuff. Dunno.

I really like the idea of the Snag, like the Malice from BOTW. Like seriously, brilliant idea.

Two things i’ve always wanted, was:

A screamer zombie, which upon seeing you, would have it’s jaw dislocated, dropping down to it’s lower chest, letting out a deafening noise equivalent to a loud gunshot. Draws more zombies to you.

A type of slightly stronger, buffer zombies that walks more humanely. Main attack is flailing it’s arm toward you, and if it hits, throws you backwards.

Some kind of grabbing zombie could be fun too. Once it sees you, it walks toward you in a completely casual manner, one arm outstretched, and grabs hold of you, keeping you in place for other zombies to attack you. Your view would be locked on him and the only way for him to stop is for you or him to die. You can’t switch weapons or manage your inventory while grabbed, meaning whatever weapon you had equipped is what you have to kill him with.

I could see PvP exploitation with that last one though. Just an idea.

Did you get inspiration from kids shows? Also, dislocated means it popped out of the joint, not that it broke off.

Did you get inspiration from kids shows?

wat

2 Likes

its a joke about this…
jaw%20dropping

image image

image image

Actually… :thinking:

How was anybody supposed to guess that. It’s not like that’s something exclusive to only “kids” shows.

1 Like

yeah I guess. look, you all have to agree, something going from completely normal to what you described, is just… too much… I would be fine if it looked like that in that way before it screamed… otherwise it just looks… Just… dumb

also, those images you has shown their mouths reach to the top of their chest. NOT THE LOWER CHEST

Idk bud, but now I realize how much I’d enjoy to fight a turned that slightly resembles the Dead Hand in Unturned (same with many other horrific creatures from other games).

yes but still, the mouth going from being completely normal to stretched down to just above its stomach? and its possible this creature would be taller than normal as well.

Welcome to the deadspace 4 forum !

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.