United Kingdom Map Sneak Preview #2

Hello again! It’s been a while since I posted an update on my insane size United Kingdom Map, and would like to announce that the UK map has passed it’s 1 year anniversary.

1. Piccadilly Circus, London

Here you can see Piccadilly Circus with the statue of Eros in the center. In the background is the Billboard and a double-decker bus.

1. Sheffield, South Yorkshire

This image should appear familiar. I retook it since last time due to not having my own custom trees before.

1. Bridge, South Yorkshire

This image shows a small bridge leading to Sheffield in South Yorkshire.

1. Oxford University, Oxford

This image shows Oxford University Campus, I haven’t made dormitories yet.

1. Plymouth, Devon

This image shows the village church in Plymouth, Southwest Devon. This location is very close to Cornwall.

1. Private Beach, East Sussex

This image shows a private beach near Brighton.

1. Thames Estuary, London

This image shows another view of the Thames Estuary, this time looking in the direction of the Maunsell Sea Forts.

Well, that’s all for this time, I hope to be making these more frequent in the future, so make sure to keep a lookout!

Trello: Trello

14 Likes

great images. One question, are those sea forts new or are they the same from ireland?

they look very similar

Thanks!
The sea forts are my own construction. I do not steal work from others.

2 Likes

alright, I didn’t think you would :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice images ! Thanks for sharing your work with us. Is it possible to see what the shape of the map looks like ?

6 Likes

iirc its an edited height map

One day. Someone gonna make a base at the top left of the map. One day.

(Is that iceland?)

it is Iceland, but it’s going to be removed. I haven’t gotten around to that yet

1 Like

Looks beautiful, as usual

2 Likes

Is there gonna be any point in going to those little islands or is it worthless?

At some point you tinkered around with the northern part of the UK being snowy. No plans to actually have it as such?

The northern part is still snowy.

1 Like

the little islands are places to build bases and explore

1 Like

I couldn’t help but notice the quality of the trees. Do you plan on creating higher quality models later down the road?

you mean speedtrees?

I guess.
(Damn you, 10 chars…)

The trees will have speedtrees as soon as I learn to make them

1 Like

Would help… If I was good at blender xd

It’s very nice to see, and I also like the fact that it looks similar to ireland here and there. Nice job!