Unturned 4 - Battle Royale Mod

Oh right, I forgot about it, will done once I am back home :slight_smile:
I will definitely add rails as soon as I get my hands on 4.0 - I donā€™t really want to work on these until I get a look at how they work in game, Iā€™ve seen that thereā€™s different rails and each one has its specific measurements and I donā€™t really want to correct every single rail after the game is out. :confused:

I try to stick to 4.0 style weā€™ve seen on screenshots so the rails are gonna be there, thereā€™s gonna be some camo textures aswell but not on this specific weapon.

Iā€™m using Blender for modelling and GIMP for ā€˜texturingā€™.

I donā€™t really scale items right now, Iā€™ve made a few models for Unturned 3.0 and the scale kinda got stuck in my head so Iā€™m not really measuring them at all, I just try to keep them thick and blocky. Of course I will scale them accordingly to the game once itā€™s out :wink:

For clothing Iā€™m using character model from 3.0 source files, I donā€™t think it differs too much from 4.0ā€™s but Iā€™ll probably have to correct my clothing once I start importing files to 4.0.

Thatā€™s true, but I still want to have at least simple blockout for items like armors, backpacks and helmets so I can have the base content ASAP.

Thanks for all the response and support! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome man! Iā€™d love to see how this turns out. Ever since PUBG first came out Iā€™ve really wanted to see a good battle royale on Unturned, because arena is tbh just not that great.

You have my total support!

2 Likes

Yeah, Arena was lacking a lot but it wasnā€™t really ever a priority, I think it was just a little side thing Nelson did for fun, in modā€™s case I will completly focus on PvP and BR aspects :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://wiki.smartlydressedgames.com/Modding/Rail_Systems

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just picatinny rail though, Iā€™d rather wait for final version of that article or for game files, weā€™ll see in few weeks I guess

3 Likes

Yeah. The ā€œfinalā€ version wonā€™t be until Nelson adds guns using those other rails. Picatinny is all good when applicable though! (It has already gone through its fair share of revisions.)

3 Likes

Ah well if it really is then I might actually implement it after all (but Iā€™d want to have all the guns finished first, then Iā€™ll think about attachments since they can be shared between some of the guns) but to be honest Iā€™m fairly sure the beta will be out by that time.

I mean, after all picatinny is still the most used rail in the weapons Iā€™ve made so far.

3 Likes

When will you be streaming next?

1 Like

Fortnite in less than an hour if my internet can handle 4k bitrate, I might - and probably will - do Blender later.

Streaming right now, making Novuh @ Twitch

2 Likes

Bambarelliā€™s Novuh is finally finished, this one didnā€™t take nearly as much time as Mk.15 did :triumph:
I am pleased with results but I believe there is always room to improve so let me hear your thoughts!

Also some people asked me to create a Discord channel that will post notifications whenever I start streaming so hereā€™s the link if anyone is interested: https://discord.gg/THEMbp7

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice model! Sorry I didnā€™t watch the stream.

3 Likes

Thanks! Thereā€™s more models and streams to come, donā€™t worry :slight_smile:

@small update
The progress will stall for upcoming days since I will be travelling a little bit, but when Iā€™m back from my holiday Iā€™ll still have like 5 days off-work and thatā€™s when I will be streaming and pumping out new models :slight_smile:

@next update
Iā€™m back from my trip, Iā€™ll start working on the models tommorow!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be streaming modelling in about 10 minutes, come say hello :slight_smile:

Twitch

@update

The stream has ended, this is the result!

@small update

Iā€™ve wrote a little post on my blog about past 15 (-5) days of development, feel free to read it if youā€™re interested!
Any feedback is much appreciated as always :slight_smile:
https://www.fiffe.pl/posts/4

@stream update
Iā€™m streaming right now, come hang out if you want :slight_smile:

Twitch

@post-stream update
Hereā€™s the result of todayā€™s afternoon stream:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made this one yesterday, itā€™s a little bit different - been taking a look at Nelsonā€™s AR from devblogs and noticed it has a lot of details so this one is a bit more detailed as well.
Iā€™ll have to add few more things to the guns Iā€™ve done earlier so they all fit the art style.

9 Likes

Secret stream incoming - except itā€™s not!
Working on Fusilier assault rifle - this one is pretty complicated.

2 Likes

I was looking at your trello, and you donā€™t have any cards for non weapons item (like binoculars), medical items, and attachments. Are you just going to use the stuff nelson adds for the base game?

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna make my own consumables (medkits, drinks, food, etc.) as well as equipment, itā€™s just not there yet :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s todayā€™s stream progress (not really just todayā€™s since I started working on it on friday I think)

Started adding logos to weapons and stuff that represent the community so if you ever dreamt of becoming a guns manufacturer you can become one now (in my mod though, maybe in real life too, donā€™t let your dreams be dreams).

8 Likes

Look at my beautiful logoā€¦ Once again thanks Fiffe!

3 Likes

Iā€™m live again, making AB-104 (Abakan) assault rifle :slight_smile:
Come say hi!

2 Likes

Long time no updates!

Iā€™ve almost finished the AB-104 assault rifle - itā€™s gonna be one of the common assault rifles found throughout the map - itā€™s gonna have single, burst and full-auto fire modes, rather slow fire rate, dealing medium damage with pretty good armor penetration, best used on medium range.

I will start and finish detailing it tommorow in the evening, so tune in to have a chance of getting your logo on this gun :wink:

5 Likes