Unturned shouldnt be realistic

These thumbnails look like cancer to be honest.

4 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone on the forums but all I want is more fleshed out, intuitive, and balanced mechanics. If there’s an unrealistic way to achieve this so be it, but in general using reality as a template, and adjusting the values for game design purposes allows mechanics to be further developed without making them become too difficult to learn. (most of us are pretty familiar with reality afterall.)

We’re so sorry to hear that you don’t want a survival game to be about survival.

Sure. The “add it because it’s real” isn’t a good excuse. But “add this because this would favor people” isn’t always turns out good. Since most of them aren’t old enough to really know what this game should’ve been. A survival game. Not some, “Roblox pvp but with zombies and foods”

I could say more. But it’s seems that others already did that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I never said I dont want a survival game to be about survival. I said I dont want Unturned to become a hardcore survival simulator

Hm, I forgot I even commented on this.

Anyhow. I’d like to fix a few statements of mine, I have misread some of the original statement. (Maybe because I was on the mobile at the time.) I don’t know how or what I’ve thought of that time, but I’d say that I was, wrong.

I’ve re-read your topic and er… the line you set between “Realistic” and “Hardcore survival simulator” is very thin (As I think people got confused to “I don’t want it to be realistic” and that of how you’re… Not a survival type of person, it is no wonder why people aren’t really happy with your statement.)

Anyway. I do agree with you, we shouldn’t really add too much realistic features.
I’m so sorry for misread that statement.

1 Like

“Too much” is an incredibly vague and unhelpful descriptor. By its very definition nobody wants too much of anything. The problem lies in the fact that we don’t have the same opinion on how much is too much.

Yeah that’s the problem. My much isn’t the same as your much.

But we still know how much is too much. All I can say is that there are a universal sign of “too much” I can’t tell you what it is, but there is.

Nah, It’s just a gut feeling, not really a fact, but more of an opinion. You’ll get it if something is too much or not. That’s when you say it’s too much. Same goes with how many “much” I’ve used.

4.0 but just shooting zombies and no status bars, that’s too little.

4.0 but [Insert everything we’ve ever suggested here. Including rejected ideas] Now that’s too much for 1 game. (Just an example.)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.