What to expect from devlog 18

Cheater!

Thanks! And yep - that’s part of what’s delayed things. One reason for the longer arms was to make reaching weapons with the left arm look better, but… they’re too long. I’ve been experimenting with instead rotating the upper torso (how it would be IRL), but this poses a bunch of extra work for maintaining stance blending and dual wielding where both the left and right hand attack animations need to hit the same point. Right now I’d guess that the end result is a character-specific animation node to blend those together from 1 per-item idle animation.

17 Likes

I want to see a new skybox.

Is there any news on a Mac release of the demo lately? I recall you saying you have a Mac.

Look, I got it 2.

Hmm those are some interesting suggestions @SDGNelson ! Maybe nelson will include them in the next devlog! :thinking:

4 Likes

It’s so weird when you talk to him directly, and then you return back to referencing him in third person all of a sudden for no reason @calamari

It’s a meme, bruh

I would definetly not mind testing that out!

wooosh
its a joke dude.

1 Like

top 10 woooooooooosh’es of all time

2 Likes

@kvc.6 can you compile the top 10 times one of my jokes (or another persons jokes) has gone over someones head and compile it into one of your famous posts?

1 Like

I’ve just noticed it happened an excessive amount of times, what is wrong with people?

2 Likes

its a forum so everything is ultra SERIOUS.

1 Like

post tracking all of noobyfishes epic jokes

do it you wont

1 Like

Nice Share Farming x2

1 Like

Hyped to see more about the AI. I think it’d be cool to see some basic testing of it down the line in a demo in the form of enemy turrets (not just normal sentry turrets but turrets actually encountered at certain locations), and from there NPCs (bandits and friendlies).

It’s probably too early to ask, but do you plan on AI npc having a navmesh system that is akin to the one used for zombies in 3.0? I don’t think bandit npcs would need to go very far (especially if they’re holded up in a stronghold or something similar) so I think a limited navmesh like we have for 3.0 specifically for npcs wouldn’t be a bad idea.
I could see this having some manual aspects involved (would allow for manual plotting of things like sniper spots, cover, etc) as well.

I want EF5 tornado

1 Like