What would you like to see the most out of 4.0?

more enemys, i think we need some ranged enemys

1 Like

There isn’t a way to actively “fix” KOS that could be changed from 3.0 to 4.0.

As long as people CAN, they will.

1 Like

Elaborate a little bit? could work.

Fair enough. Totally reasonable. How would you propose “optimization” though?

1 Like

That’d be cool. What about ovens though?

1 Like

Any way Nelson can

1 Like

car physics
new character
character physics like fall and roll
makeshift weapons and tools

1 Like

There’s a way to diminish KOS, Just give more benefits to not killing someone, right now there’s already a ton of benefits to killing someone but little to none for keeping them alive

1 Like

Could you give some examples of benefits of not KoSing? You bring up a valid point, but you don’t back up your argument with examples.

1 Like

You get someone to trade with and every once in a while you can team. There’s no benefit other then raid grouping. Thar’s what it is, currently. But if we didn’t KOS we get a community that asks help from their neighbours, less raiding, can depend on eachother and one that doesn’t have fear of being sniped across the map. We could have more player interaction and conversations in the game. New players would be helped more often than now and it would create a nicer community. We could get a better PVE experience overall and PVP wouldn’t be the main focus of the base game which is what unturned should be like. You’re in an apocolypse, it’s common sense to help, not to 360 noscope for your kill montage

1 Like

A lot of that has to do with the mentality of the players. And that mentality is arguably impossible to change without some incentive. Sure, players can trade with others to get the loot they need. But hey, it’s easier to just kill them, that way you get all the loot. Sure, you can be helpful to new players and just be friendly, but why do that when they’ll probably just kill you anyway? It’s because of the mentality that KoS is so high. What you want is a perfect world where everyone RP’s and acts as if this is a true-to-life survival in a post apocalyptic world. But the truth is, it’s not. It’s a video game. There is no major penalty to dying. Hell, you can conjure items out of thin air on most servers. Let’s be honest, there’s no feasible way of changing everyone’s mindset without straight up giving them some physical reward for not KoSing.

1 Like

Okay, let me get things straight.

1. The mentality of that needs to change. We had a reputation system that did nothing as a way to try and fix that problem. Unturned has little to no PvE element as of now and if we improve on it and actually made it work it’d decrease KoS and get people to team. The maps are so small they behave like battlefield and feel nothing like a survival games.

2. Helping new players brings more people into the community. I don’t want a community filled with a bunch of call of duty or PUBG players running around and just killing everyone they see while they record their montage parodies “for the memes XDDDDDDDDD”. If we have a community that co-operates (for example, Trait list could give a perk that gives people access to certain things to make so others could keep them alive or keep them as hostage which is what classes were originally intended to do) with eachother, then it brings more of a feeling to it.

3. A perfect world is not what I want for unturned, I just don’t want some new players and old players to leave because of the element of PVP is more focused then the PVE element or the fact they just feel useless while playing the game the way they want to. I want a proper community that doesn’t do these things. (Look at rust, KOS still happens but most people actually are nice to eachother and communicate often without reward) If we have to, we should give a reward for people in the server who manage to obtain and keep a high reputation, and gaining a higher reputation should be harder then gaining a lower one. This would give an incentive that people wouldn’t really want to kill others and obtain that reputation to gain a certain and consistent item (whatever it may be)

If other communities can be friendly when it comes to survival games, why can’t unturned do the same?

3 Likes

1.Many different zombies, with different powers and statistics.Maybe even ones that can climb anywhere to get you.
2.Also guns you build from different pieces (barrel, mag type, stock, body…) in which your gun
could be functional or not, good or bad, depending on how you made it, with what, and depending on your skills as well,
and also you can name it yourself.
3.And also a car that you build with any engine, tires, suspension, body, everything, also nameable.
4.And also making a custom claim flag like color it yourself and you can logo it as your groups flag so everyone in your group uses the same flag.

2 Likes

Assuming claim flags exist in Unturned 4.x to begin with, I doubt anyone would ever really see them. They’re not for display, they’re something you hide and defend. Makes more sense on the normal flags.

1 Like

that’s a good point. But, would be awesome, also ppl in the group having the mini icon of the flag as a indicator.

2 Likes

Clan-based affiliation, basically. Kinda like wearing the merchandise of your favorite thing in real life, but instead it is the clothing(?) of your zerg clan.

Would be interesting to see more clan-based mechanics in general. Factions that KOS sometimes would be better than judging individual players. Indirectly affects PvE/PvP-aspects because some people will team up with clan/group/faction systems. Unturned 3 has its groups, but making it a worthwhile thing could possibly improve PvE, especially if the survival aspect was really harsh and working together was more efficient.

Of course, people will always play by their own play style regardless. Some people will always prefer to KOS and live off someone else’s loot rather than have to worry about divvying it up between multiple people. Less is more.

2 Likes

Maybe overall group reputation?

So for example, X has -50 rep, Y has -20, and Z has 10 rep.

So the group average rep would be -20.

4 Likes

Can’t believe people still do this when Terran and Protoss exist. SMH your lings are weak.
/s

Maybe! Only problem might be trying to cheat that system by having fake heroes join the account, or getting cheesed out of good reputation because of that one guy. :thinking: Better group overview in general would be nice regardless.

2 Likes

Greater firearms details would be nice! Some are already on the trello and I’d love to see them being implemented!
Other cool firearms-related details that can see an implementation, imo: (These are not found on the trello yet)

• Character animation when you switch fire modes
  • Ability to drag rounds to a mag and refill it instantly in your inventory, eliminating the complicated process of having to go to craft menu and then refill the magazine/drum etc.
  • Please make suppressors great again! I understand they were over used at the time when they never wear off. However, as far as I know, a proper military-grade supressor for standard assault rifles won’t lose its function that quickly that you’ll only have a barrel life of less than 50 shots.
  • Same goes with the muzzlebrake/flash hider. I just don’t understand why they wear off so quickly. ;_;
**These suggestions are kinda absurd - Please don't take them srsly <3**
  • Limiting the ability to mount attachments whenever you want…? Since tools and time are actually required to mount/demount most accessories irl.
    [Only able to modify a firearm @ workbenches?]
    • Additionally, some sort of ‘Field tools’ that acts as a portable attachment changer+wears down per use, can be also added.

From Unturned 4.0 Wishlist Trello, Gunplay:

• option for chamber to jam as gun wears down
  • Reflectively(Still optional), add a small chance to have ammunition cooking off for completely worn-out guns, destroying it completely?

That’s it for now. Will add more if i have other thoughts. =D