(1 of 3) The Turned [mega-post] – Prologue, bestiary, and lore

I think the mega should be able to pathfind through fences and small walls. Like the farm fences in Russia, you can easily break them and I think the mega should be able to walk straight through, allowing other zombies to follow it’s path. I think the mega should have a small stun ability when doing the groundpound.
I think with all these new monsters, servers should have all power to remove or add these monsters and get the amount of horror or survival that they desire. I think letting the electric zombie control sentries would be OP, unless the turret gets less accurate. Imagine the zombie getting lured to your base and taking control of you sentries inside for instance. I don’t agree with your opinion of making one fire zombie. I think smaller fire zombies and larger, harder fire zombies would be more fun. Maybe the ethereals should be bulletproof like the ghost zombie in U3. I like the way that they can discourage people having negative rep, assuming the rep system gets more balanced. The spores sound really awesome, but I think they should only exist in really hard deadzones or in special maps. I’d also like to know how you think spores and hiveminds would have to be implemented in U2’s style. Because the blocky and simple style is hard to combine with spores and hiveminds.

1 Like

To add details to the lore. Maybe Scorpion-7 is a Scientific research corporation that was developing inter-dimensional travel in one project and fulfilling a bioweapon contract at the same time. Scorpion-7 discovers the Excursion dimension, they find a watered down Turned disease which could be a virus, fungi, prion, or even a disease type that was previously unknown to humanity. They would conduct experiments with this disease. At first it would affect the wildlife of what was the Excursion dimension and eventually make the jump to humans.

There would be more expeditions into the Excursion to get more samples of the disease under the Scorpion-7 project called “Project Charon”, named for the ferryman of Hades in Ancient Greek mythology. The inter-dimensional travel project would intersect with the bioweapon project once they brought back the disease of interest. The Scorpion-7 Employees working on Project Charon would eventually get their hands on some samples of this disease. They’d test it on animals from the Excursion and with the constant meddling of Scorpion-7 in the Excursion, the dimension gets corrupted and leads to the creation of the Apex.

The disease eventually mutates and makes the jump to humans in a Scorpion-7 facility. This unexpected mutation leads to the creation of what we know to be the Turned. There’s no explanation for how the spores came to be at this moment so I’d most likely scrap the spores and would probably put in something else. Remember, we’re dealing with another dimension here and the laws of physics in the Excursion would most likely be very different than our own universe, so we can be creative here. At first, the outbreak is contained but a series of mutations allows the disease to spread quicker. This disease would most likely not be fungal but rather would require a whole new disease category of it’s own due to the ability to effect to mutate an individual’s genetic code at an accelerated rate.

Just for some thought on the origins of the disease. Scorpion-7 can of course be replaced by another name such as the Apex Corporation for example.

Btw if nelson makes this much enemies, I think he has to make sure he gets a good core foundations for enemies. Like he has to make it easy to add new enemies with new mechanics without having to write tons of new code or decrease performance. I don’t know much about coding so you shouldn’t take this serious but I just wanted to say this.

2 Likes

It isn’t actually.

Also, those one zombies don’t follow you afar as I can tell, they just attack you with nearby electronics if you run into them.

Also I’m pretty sure they won’t be able to control player made stuff.

And they definitely won’t make it easier to raid a base, as they’ll probably despawn, or just attack the people who lured it to the base with the sentries.

I was just warning for a possible problem, no need to defend it right? Just wanted to make sure Nelson doesn’t make broken enemies which he could have avoided.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.