4.0 Mega-list of anticipated or down right expected features

I hate generated maps. They have no soul.

1 Like

I do agreed with this. Back in 3.0 you can just use a chainsaw. 1-2 drums for an eaglefire and S button to deal with 1 horde. Heck, it gave out raiding gears and high-tier loot. But by removing it from the game to fix it? That’s a little bit too much imo.

Personally I think it should gave out “less high-tier” loots and gave us “Bullets and explosive. Maybe a little bit of high-tier gun, keep it balance.” If it’s going to be in 4.0

They are going to be replaced by “Excursions”

peep the trello my dude

Alright, you make a solid point. How about the possibility of re-balancing them, or possibly make them act differently/completely don’t have them in multiplayer. Maybe just make them attract zombies for just a challenge and not anything else if anything.

Eh. I guess I don’t have to make a guide about making horde beacons more abusive now.

Thanks trello. You pre-planned idea.

He’s going to come back to see our feedback when the dust settles.

Source: This wouldn’t be the first time!

(To everyone lingering down here, I finally finished my comment at the top including a TL;DR)

1 Like

I suggested a while ago that the horde beacon would be a noise-making contraption instead of instant free loot

1 Like

Ya, I’d be in support of it returning that way.

Edited my post.

I’m talking about Horde Beacons, not horde mode. Horde beacons are extremely stupid, letting players get raiding tools with just a ton of metal, chemicals, and etc.

I’m not entirely sure of a good idea on how else to make them hard to obtain. I didn’t say make them rarer or make their spawn-rate lower, I just think something (somehow) should be down to make the obtaining of raiding tools much harder.

I assumed it was because SP zombies had no lag, and therefore were walking / hitting from their intended ranges. It doesn’t make much sense why in SP-only their ranges are buffed.

I think we should heavily encourage moderation of the playerlist. Unturned is a gold-mine and people will always host servers for it. Looking at the 3.0 browser, even if we blacklisted all the major P2W / unfair Unturned servers there would still be a plethora of other servers to play on and enjoy.

I won’t comment on a lot of replies, as this list was made a long time ago and I know that some are confirmed and some are partially confirmed to be apart of Unturned.

1 Like

As I said. Horde Beacons will have no reason to exist (they were made as a replacement for Horde mode to begin with), therefore they are almost certainly not going to be in UII.

Simply make the survival aspect hard enough that you have to juggle a lot of other stuff before you can even consider a raid.

Idk either, but I’m guessing it’s because in SP people have it super easy.

I agree since there’s a lot of cancerous servers, but there’s no way to do this without elitism. Imagine a popular server network being straight up banned because of P2W elements, sparking an outrage similar to the stream-sniping PUBG fiasco.

On your edited shotgun comment, I agree. Something like TF2 (using it as an example because it actually works) would be really good, where grazing people with shotguns is possible but long range shotgunners are discouraged. It’s something UII really needs so that shotguns don’t once again become a sidegrade to the more popular slug-throwers.

1 Like

No offense, but most of these things you created off the top of you head (I mean as in what will be added, not what has been discussed before) Like procgen. I’m pretty sure it is confirmed that it would not be added because Nelson IS MAKING A MAP (pineridge). Also, you are a newer user so you probably weren’t around for the base upkeep debates (they got pretty heated and this one specific user got so triggered and broke a lot of rules). But yeah, TL;DR nobody liked base upkeep, but alas you had it in your list.

To be fair the reason horde beacons are dumb is because of the incentive to complete them, not the horde itself. With a horde mode in 4.x there could easily still be something similar to a horde beacon, where you increase the risk of zombies for a chance to get some loot, like the concept of excursions. Horde Mode is an entirely different game mode so i would say they are mutually exclusive

They used to be 350m untill every weapon got a range nerf during the Canada days. AR’s and Snipers were effected.

Looking back at Russia - which was made with the help of those modz2much guys I can see a clear difference in game models (Especially vehicles) compared to normal Unturned vehicles. They have much more detail, higher-poly, etc. They just didn’t fit with the game right compared to Nelsons classic vehicles he had made at the begging of 3.0. Things just like this can be seen across other curated maps or maps that were made alongside community members. This is what I meant by nelson-styled

There is a very obscure option that we had to ask nelson for personally in order to disable auth physics. Said option is hardly known about, I’ve never seen it told or used anywhere else on any other server but my own. Theres no options in config.json, commands.dat, etc.

As I said in my other response there are more-than-enough servers for Unturned. Doing some quality control and blacklisting some of the most blatant abusive / troll / P2W servers wouldn’t hurt Unturned at all, it would only make an example for others and discourage P2W servers (just like in Minecraft)

Sorry. I added to this post multiple times over the course of a few months and I know I repeated things atleast twice. Some things are so blatant and obvious I get the feeling to add it to the list. This was one of them.

Yes, I know, and I agree that they’re stupid.

I’m just saying that either way horde beacons are 99% not going to see a comeback.

1 Like

He admits this he just wanted to drop a mega thread for discussion. Also he is new to forums not to the game. If you were there during the “glory days” of the unturned subreddit which was 2017/2016 if i remember correctly he was very…active. Either way hes been around along time

The increase in detail is not necessarily because of it not being from nelson, who said that he has been increasing the detail over time himself

That actually would be cool and make tons of sense. Maybe not just a noise-making contraption but also ups the spawn-rate of zombies while in use. It doesn’t make sense that once all the zombies are killed you get magical loot. I would love to see something like your idea, because unlike Horde Beacons now, which you can place anywhere on the map such as a farm and get the same quality of loot (extreme end-tier raiding tools and other loot) with your idea you’d have to be in a risky place such as the military to use it effectively.

Man I really wuv this idea.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

:frowning:

why have you done this

1 Like

I love the idea of procedural generated maps because it’s just so fun to play on randomized and randomly generated maps for a change, instead of playing maps where you always know the best places to go, you know the best places to base, best place for animals to spawnm, you know the best places for PvP, etc. It would bring a great difference to the environment of the game and how people play it.

I didn’t expect less or anticipate less community involvement. I meant official involvement along-side nelson when creating official maps. Like I said earlier in my post I would love to see only a few official maps that are apart of the vanilla game to lessen the division of players. We don’t need a ton of official maps.

I didn’t mean to make it click-baity. If I did I’d add 10x loot, kits, and free money to people who reply in the title.