A little topic that peaked my interest

Just snooping around on the Steam forums when I found this https://steamcommunity.com/app/304930/discussions/0/1735463620098626862/

At first I just assumed it was another post asking for the weight system like 2.0 where you can’t hold this or that because you’re already holding enough weight. But he’s talking about weight affecting your player speed.

Do you think this should be a thing? (IE, you can hold unlimited weight unlike 2.0 but it will progressively slow you down the more you handle) It would definitely fit with the survival aspects, and there could be skills to increase that negate the penalty of holding more weight such as exercising or overkill (or whatever 4.0’s version of overkill would be, since I assume it has to do with being stronger to hit things harder or yadda yada yada)

Personally in games where more weight = slower movement it kinda angers me as theres usually no way to negate the penalty except throwing stuff away. But as I said, there could be some sort of skill :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this is already planned tbh

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don’t remember a devblog post ._.

Research before posting, thanks

1 Like

With my extremely mature comment I meant that that’s already planned for 4.0 and doesn’t need to be suggested yet again

There becomes a point in any reasonable survival game with weight mechanics where the character becomes too encumbered to employ the full range of motion.

I’d personally vastly prefer if this were not circumventable by a skill; though having said skill could provide other things like endurance or a tolerance to heavier loads before encumbrance is reached.

1 Like

Now that I think of it there are other ways to penalise people who are living containers. There could be less jump height (or even a delay before the jump) and quicker stamina depletion along with worse regeneration.

1 Like

Not exactly people holding unrealistic amounts of things, but people holding things that are very heavy / cumbersome, such as guns, pump jacks, gigantic generators, etc.

Well I kinda thought that was a bit common sense, but yeah, I agree with that aswell.

1 Like

Would definitely be more important to have this be affected by clothing than by skills.

I agree.

Keep in mind I also made the Sectionalized Clothing concept way back to do just that.

The Skill Overhaul also took this into account - I don’t want blatantly strong skills that feel almost mandatory to have, I’d like to stray away from that and towards more specialized skills that make more logical sense.

Did this man die before he finished his post? we will never know.

Shove off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.