I already know that this suggestion is going to get a lot of hate but… let’s just give it a shot, I can take a fair bit of shouting.
So basically this suggestion is adding a difficulty setting, but with one exception. Adding a “Realistic” mode. In realistic mode, the player is heavily penalized for a few things. Take a look:
- Instant death if shot in head (Does not apply to zombies, helmets excluded)
- Can be heard from a lot further if shooting.
- Guns can often be broken or extremely low durability.
- Significantly slower movement and interaction, intense bleeding if shot in upper body parts.
- Chance of wound to get sealed by bullet heat (if bullet penetrates entirely), preventing bleeding.
- Extremely slow movement if shot in one leg.
- Falling down or being immobilized if shot in both legs.
- Bandaging yourself does not suppress pain entirely, slow interaction and movement persist.
- Painkillers take time to get into effect.
- Resting can significantly improve pain effects.
- Overdosing medicine can cause damage.
- Drinking chemicals means instant death.
- If stabbed in torso, intense bleeding and pain effect.
So ehm… yea. I dunno. The main thing i wanted to focus on here is the one shot headshot, really.
“Realistic” mode would be an entirely new difficulty setting which servers could set for themselves, hopefully.