Advanced Combat

The idea is the animations when you fight change when your skill grow up, i know is some useless but this can help to see and know players if they are low level or hight level in fights.

1 Like

I don’t really see a reason to add extra animations to the ones that are set for “fighting”. They will be nothing more than confusing and extra work for Nelson that has no tangible benefit.

6 Likes

Maybe with low skills, melee attacks would be done near the end of a relatively long and obvious animation and end by over swinging or bouncing off uncontrolled, while more highly skilled melee attacks would be done with progressively quicker, snappier animations and more quickly bring the weapon back to a proper guard.

1 Like

That’s a good idea

If the game wants it to be simpler, maybe this skill is just an attack speed modifier. Not too much, just about from 0% (base) to around 20-30% increase in attack speed

Optionally, it would be part of the ‘Overkill’ skill. If done, the skill could be renamed as ‘Melee handling’ or something.

(also corrected spelling mistake on title)

Simpler: yes
Hecka Stylin’: no

But in all seriousness though, I had pretty much come to the same conclusion months ago. The complexity and inflexibility of animations seem to make changing animations even slightly with skill a waste of time. That is why I never posted about this before. Creating a thread just to say attack speeds should be faster for more skilled players didn’t seem worthwhile, but since this thread was specifically about having different animations for different skill levels, I figured I’d just throw the idea out there.

I had a similar thought but in reload animations.
If your reload skill gives +30% speed increase, the animation changes into a badass mag fliping, gun smacking animation. It might be tidious work, but it sure as hell is enjoyable to watch. I wouldn’t mind if Nelson didn’t post a devlog cuz he was busy admiring the reload animations xD

So long as mag flipping doesn’t count as a projectile attack. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a more serious note that post should be forgotten, and I’m sorry to have brought it up It would also be cool to see animations for manually cycling a firearm’s action progress from a novice fumbling through each motion, to a try-hard who puts excessive time and effort into exaggerated motions, to an expert smoothly and quickly cycling the action with minimal sight displacement and efficient use of time and energy.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.