Aircraft Ideas

I was thinking that it would be really cool having these type of old aircraft’s that were used during WW2 I think it would fit the style of a zombie apocalypse survival game.

Maybe Nelson could make them really rusty as if they were damaged by the zombies but they would still work perfectly, because currently those Fighter Jets in 3.0 are just ruining the kind of style of survival but that’s not the biggest issue.

Let me know in the comments what you think maybe you have better idea’s :slight_smile:

Top one (51 Mustang)
Bottom one (Hawker Hurricane)

1 Like

I feel like this should be a mod and not a feature. Stock airplanes should be somewhat modern and civilian only.

Fighter jet was intended as a trophy fo completing all the quest but creative servers made it what it is today.

8 Likes

I see what u mean thank you for your opinion :slight_smile:

But imagine like a big wave of zombies coming at you and hopping in one of these and spraying them down

I would rather not see airplanes and helicopters with fixed weapons.

4 Likes

For armed aircraft I definitely would rather see prop planes over jets.

There’s certainly ways to explain operational armed prop planes, like having them spawn at museums. I think a way better thing would be the ability for players to modify civilian prop planes into combat ready vehicles. Obviously they’d come with downsides and I see no reason why a well placed heavy caliber round shouldn’t severely damage the plane, or even just a normal rifle round killing the pilot.

3 Likes

While I do like the idea of less jets, I don’t think that going back to WW2 planes is the best move. As an alternative, the US has been looking into replacing jets with propeller planes again to save money in the air. One of these planes is the A-29 Super Tucano.

Another aircraft that I recommend is the Diamond Dart 450: a training/reconnaissance aircraft without weapons.

These would be better suited for modern military aircraft whilst still avoiding the issues with fighter jets.

3 Likes

another good idea but I still think that going back to ww2 planes is good because that’s the kind of planes that would fit in well with the zombie apocalypse because the newer planes would kind of ruin the vibe

I thought about talking about that plane but realised it’s kinda niche. I think we should simply not see armed jets in II, but I’m all for slow craft like helicopters and prop planes having weapons.

Maybe if for whatever reason we get some level of dedicated anti air I’d be alright with seeing jets. Otherwise… meh.

3 Likes

imo this depends on the map’s concept

1 Like

Do you mean like a WW2 themed map?

In order for jet planes to fit, either they would need to be tweaked To the point that they no longer perform anything like jets, or maps would need to be ridiculously large and full of runways and jet related items.

Propeller planes would simply put be better in Unturned, whether they’re unarmed civilian/reconnaissance planes, WWII vintage fighters, large multiprop planes for dropping supplies, paratroopers and bombs, or modern planes like Light Attack Aircraft and their equivalents from outside the U.S.

2 Likes

kinda, yeah. i think we would already have them in a map like that.

I’d argue the opposite. Seeing WW2 aircraft wouldn’t make sense because of how old and rare they are. They would be really out of place. Alternatively, seeing modern propeller aircraft would fit with all of the other modern features of the game. Even the cars will be more modern based on the 2016+ Honda Civic Hatchback featured in the devlog.

6 Likes

I still want some old cars. It adds to the overall vibe.
Maybe there should be large, heavy lifting helicopters, armed with maybe 2 door guns, like HMG’s or miniguns, a light helicopter with a driver controlled HMG, as well as unarmed/civilian variants.

Maybe a large unarmed turboprop cargo plane (like the An-2 that the Annushka is based on) would be cool (except obviously much larger than the Annushka we see in 3.0.
And of course there should be a few unarmed civilian/police helicopters, as well as a few small propellor aircraft (like the Hummingbird or the Otter).

1 Like

I Think it might work in some waylike u can find it in a museum or somthing but in general there should be more normal planes and planes like this is really hard to get, so more privet planes and helichoppers would be more “normal”4253D75300000578-4695982-image-a-42_1500026478545

Nah we need a B2 spirit …
Jk

In my opinion, armed aircraft should not be present in the vanilla game , while we could have any kinds of planes with mods.
Planes are usually the most boring things on servers when you see planes shooting at your base while you can’t do nothing .
However props aircraft with weapons might be acceptable .
But they should spawn without ammo , and the ammo would likely be very very rare .

I added a poll :
What would be the limitation you would wish for aircrafts in unturned .

• armed prop planes
  • Fighters jets and bomber ( kinda troll ^^ )
  • No armed planes

0 voters

I completely agree lol “Ruin the vibe” it’s a zombie apocalypse game, how would not having ww2 aircraft ruin the vibe. Definitely want WW2 mods though for awesome mili rp server!

1 Like

That’s not a wide enough category xD, there are a lot more options. Like ultra light aircraft, VTOL aircraft, Civilian, mili, you get the idea, not to mention helis. Yikes, but for the vanilla game I’d prolly side for a semi-armored civilian plane like a cessna 172/182/210 :slight_smile:

Not only should they spawn without ammo, but they should spawn without the weapons attached, and you shouldn’t magically be able to reach the weapons to reload or replace them from the cockpit.