Amount of Content for First Open Beta

Yeah, I forgot about considering the Turned.

Imho I don’t think we’ll see any “abnormal”-looking monster-turned until a second “major” open beta patch comes out. I do think it’d be good if Nelson kept the open beta patches down to a reduced amount for a while, so people could take the time to develop their own stuff and all that. Maybe push through minor patches here and there.

But back to the Turned, I think it’d probably end up just being a “greenish player” to start out. Focus on the AI for a bit. Continue to conceptualize, maybe even pay for some concept art or get some from the community (after fleshing out his own ideas for the Turned).

Gonna reject the uh… “game is ugly” and “add pirates too” comments, however. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

tbh, I would like to see zombies like 3.0, plus mutated ones. so yeah.

just dont make players load every asset at the start up plz. also, i would like to see AI actors in action

For the love of god include TL;DR please

Already done. Was done many months ago.

the zombies in 3.0 are easy

Personally I’ll like to see the melee fleshed out, in particular the hitpaths, blocking, and several weapons to show it off.

If we could get a spear (which pretty much simulates classic hitscan), a knife (close quarters combat), a bat (highlight swings), and a dummy (which molton mentioned).

And then a movement test/course for us.

I would like a basic, washed-down version of my post

with only the most basic of methods, such as boiling and purification tablets.

I’d also like to see certain things from Medicine [Long Post], On Preserving Food, Gasifiers and Stills, Wildlife, Hunting, Fishing, and Foraging [Long Post], as well as Hydration Packs and Mirrors and Periscopes

I’m not sure if melee will be a thing when Unturned II has its first open beta, but it’d be nice if it did. Not sure if Nelson has fully thought out all the stuff he’d like to do for it yet.

Probably won’t get a “movement test/course,” but iirc there are plans for some small test levels that show off all the props, and have a shooting range.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the first open beta didn’t have hunger/thirst/crafting/etc. at all.

I meant look wise, not how easy they are.

I wouldn’t mind say 5 weapons to be included so we get a basic feel for different attachments and calibers.

It’d be nice to see some of the conversion things Nelson talked about, such as putting NATO sights on Russian guns.

Maybe we could get an AK and an SMG of some sort alongside the G18 and the Eaglefire, and then a basic melee?

Basic AI enemies would be nice for placeholder testing but probably aren’t super needed.

It’s probably gona be just like devtest for 3.0: weapons, a healing item, basic food and water, period.
Not a great fan of this way of showcasing a new game even if it’s jus a beta, but it’s not my call so
¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

In the past I’ve considered something similar to this, but the main thing would’ve been five different weapon types. Get an early start on fleshing out things like handguns, shotguns, automatic rifles, machine guns, and bolt action rifles.

I don’t think that’ll happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a shotgun was implemented alongside the Eaglefire and G18. We’ve already seen a new UI that included shotgun shells, so I wouldn’t be surprised. (We also have a circular crosshair for shotguns to use.)

I would like to see those types of things fleshed out, however. Machine guns should be reimagined entirely, and I’d support weapon accuracy increasing during sustained fire. I’m not sure how practical they’ll be, though.

Marksman rifles would be particularly interesting too, as things like scopes are added with it. There’s a lot of stuff that Nelson has considered for scopes—such as realistic scope indicators, zeroing scopes, and zooming in/out via the scroll wheel.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a placeholder healing item was added, just so people can heal themselves after combat. Food and water would still be surprising imo, since the vitamins/calories/etc. systems are still very conceptual.

You don’t mention these, but I think health and stamina would both be “fully implemented” for sure, and then stamina would be tweaked based on how players feel about the locomotion and their movement options.

Maybe immunity too, if the first Turned is added before the first open beta comes out. However, I’m unsure if Nelson wants to make that system more in-depth with “diseases” and “improved medication” like some people have suggested.

If the open beta doesn’t have Turned available upon its release, it’ll still be pretty close around the corner. Unturned 3 didn’t initially have zombies for about a month.

Good point. I’d love to see how 4.0 handles shotguns right from the get go.

No more tube fed shotguns acting like they take a magazine!

Is this the state the game is in now, or the state the game is planned to be when the beta drops (december?)

You’re going to have to clarify on what “this” refers to.

The beta can drop at any time. I personally wouldn’t expect the public beta until December, but it could come sooner if Nelson chose to exclude things like Replays and Turned, potentially.

Sorry, I meant the lack of zombies, food, and melee. Are they unfinished or still just concepts?

Food, melee, and Turned are not in Unturned II right now. They likely won’t be implemented for several more months, as it seems like Nelson will be focusing on server tools in the near future.

1 Like

Im not going to read all that cuz i just woke up from my hibernation (yeah snowmen can hibernate)but u seem to know what you are talking about so i agree with this post . Bye now i will be back to hibernating untill the middle of august

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.