An Interesting Spin On Killing The Turned

I know this has probably been suggested before, but it would be cool to have executions for the Turned. In my opinion though, it should only be for stealth kills, from behind kills(basically the same as stealth), and melee weapons only. Please share your thoughts…

2 Likes

Iv been thinking about it and yes i think it would be nice, maby on players aswell

I’m sure just a simple attack would be suffice.

People generally disagreed with quick time events if you mean it by executions.

5 Likes

Maybe depending on what weapon and maybe the game could have a feature where you have a chance to land a critical. And the higher level you are the higher that chance gets higher. For example a crit on a zombie with a machete or an ax would result in the blade getting stuck and then you would put your foot on the player or zombies head and force it out. And with a stealth kill if a standard would be putting your hand on a players mouth and slitting there throat and they would fall to the ground drop there weapons that are in hand and they would have excessive bleeding and would not be able to use standard in game voice chat. But when you get a stealth crit you will just grab a zombie or a player by the head and stab the side of there head.

It could also be that you just stab them ontop of their head or in their neck

Perhaps there should be sword/knife skills, so if you upgraded the skill tree then you’d get cool cinematic shots of getting behind the zombie and slicing it’s head off with a katana or something (possibly gaining more XP than usual). That’d be satisfying.

No, not animations. These put you into a position where, even for a split second, you are defenseless and have to watch the animation play out. Rather, having a variation in attacks and different effects on the Turned such as heads flying off would be sufficient.

2 Likes

I dont think Nelson wants to add that kind of gore in Unturned xD

Yes, this has been suggested earlier, and it may sound like a good idea, but that is just unnecessary extra work for Nelson in addition to potential bugs that can exploited with it

It seems like weapons getting stuck could be a downside. I would be for that because it would make training zombies endlessly whacking them less viable and that’s the only skill you need in 3.0.

I think that those stealth attacks/takedowns should be rewarded with more experience, to encourge actually doing it.

Yeah na, how about just when sneaking behind zombies you attack them quietly, also this is off topic but what about dragging dead bodies away for rp purposes, they would still despawn but till then, also silent attacks should have less blood spray, zombies should smell blood.

Zombies are walking piles of rotting flesh how would they be able to smell blood?

Keep in mind, The “Zombies” aren’t Zombies, nor are they dead or rotting. They are actually something from an alternative reality, not clear what, but they sure as ain’t human.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.