Apex Team Communication System

So Unturned has a very basic team communication system where you just mark where you want to meet up or go using the map. Unturned also relies on voice chat or in-game chat, and some of us have died using in-game chat. But Apex Legends has brought one of the best team communication systems to the gaming industry and it would be great for the survival genera. Unturned’s system should work by holding down on the middle mouse button showing a ring of options that you can use to ping where something is or where you want to go. When pinging, it shows up on your team’s compass and map, and nearby players and turned will be able to hear what you say, attracting unwanted attention. You can also cancel the ping by clicking on it with the middle mouse button. I have used the phrase “audio range” and it means how far the audio could be heard.

Enemy Spotted

The character would say, “Enemy (Direction)” and it would be said in a loud tone, and have a larger range of audio.

Lets go over there

The dialog would say, “We should go over there. There might be something good,” and would have a normal tone with a smaller range to be heard.

Turned

You can tell your team that there are some bad mutated turns in the area. It would be used as a caution thing. The character would say, “There are bad some mutants over there. Watch out.”

Somebody may have been here

The dialogue would say, “Someone has already looted this area. Stay on high alert.” Again, it would be used as a caution thing for your team to be on high alert. It would have a quieter tone and a smaller audio range.

Pinging useful items your teammate might need

This would be useful for saying that you found a good melee weapon or gun that your teammate could use. The dialogue would say, “I found a/n (Item). Come get it if you need.”

4 Likes

All things which could be done in a third-party social client.
Without attracting enemy attention.

3 Likes

Let’s please not have voice acting, as it would ruin the immersion for roleplayers when their character will randomly say “enemy spotted” or some bs. This doesn’t belong in a survival game.

6 Likes

And if the guy you’re with doesn’t have a Mic?

Tell him that he should either stop spending all his money on alcohol or to convince his parents to get him +10$.

2 Likes

What about a line of text on the bottom

I agree with AJ and Number_one. To be fair, voice acting doesn’t fit Unturned and I don’t think that’ll change in UII. Just use Discord or whatever the hell kids are into these days.

And keep in mind Apex is battle royale, which UII isn’t (yet?). That means communication is a lot different in both games.

5 Likes

I just hope it doesn’t chop my mic speech into pieces before transmitting to the ally team. I think Fortnites compass should be good enough to tell where people are, though if you don’t have a mic your screwed

I would rather not hear anything than a 10$ mic tbh

4 Likes

my 30 dollar mic sounds pretty clear and good tbh

but yeah $10 would sound like shit

Apex Legends is a battle royale game, and Unturned and UII are survival games. Maybe this could be a thing in arena mode only.

Adding typing feature in UII would be nice.

Or somethin’ like binding key with pre-made quotes w’ cooldowns.

1 Like

Just add a PIN like in Rainbow six its more easy!

I like how it works in 3.0, I don’t think that it need to change

1 Like

proximity voice chat would be nice, like 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.