Arena, danaby i choose you!

What went wrong with arena Is it totally dead? or do we just need Danaby to come with a new map? what do you think?

1 Like

Don’t force him to make a map.

@danaby2 make a survival map

17 Likes

First off what is that title

Yeah pretty much
Servers don’t wanna host something nobody wants to play

Yes
If you’ve done maps in editor, you’d realize how long it take to just create one location. On top of the fact of how long modeling the buildings in a 3d editor takes, he needs time to create maps

I think this post is stupid and the answer was obvious

This is a TopHatPesky inflated ego moment.

3 Likes

shut up idiot

14 Likes

:confused: drake format: letting danaby2 create maps by his own will
:slight_smile: drake format: forcing him to make maps

I gotta hand it to him though

For all the times hes been wrong and making stupid posts with obvious answers, inflating my ego balloon feels good

1 Like

or we can kidnap him and force him to make maps

Most curated developers realized a long time ago that Arena maps are on a strict time limit after they come out, they don’t have the longevity or replay-ability of survival maps, and they require a half-full server to get any fun on. That fact scared most developers away from making arena maps, seeing them as a waste of time in comparison to a survival map, which could still have people playing on it even months after release. Dango and Canyon were dead 2 weeks after launch, Belgium still had servers throughout all of its run, even after it was removed. Hawaii still has servers, even though it’s been removed from the game for just over half a year now, same goes for Greece, which has been out of the map pool for even longer.

Players get bored of these small arenas quickly. Alpha Valley is the only arena map that has been able to get around this problem, and that’s in part due to its official status and open nature. France takes hours to fully explore, in a multiplayer setting we could be talking days. Dango, Canyon, Athens and Bunker could be fully explored in 20 minutes each.

Not as long as you’d think actually. If your trying to make a map that’s PvP viable more time goes into the layout of the map, not the interiors of buildings. From my own experience, and from what I’ve seen others do, it’s sometimes easier to just completely wing a layout, then get a server full of people and find out what’s problematic, then fix it. Often times it’s more fun to wing something, sometimes you can get really creative layouts that would other wise be snuffed out if you had planned it all out.

3 Likes

You sweet summer child…

You do not understand why people don’t play arena much, do you?

It’s hard to monetize effectively and though quicker to make- lacks the replay value. A 3-5 minute match that will likely have players pretending to be go-karts isn’t just unprofitable, it’s just plain silly to think that’ll sell like hot cakes around even the Unturned community.

Map-makers and servers alike want to make their mark and the longevity of that mark provided by arena maps and servers just ain’t that long.

Also, Panda, don’t push to hard at him- he/she just played Fortnite bots- remembered arena even though he never played it in 10 months and only has a 3 match experience of it.

My opinion is that this guy just wants top-poster or attention soooo- yeah, don’t let him have it and divert attention from more important- provocative or informational topics.

:star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:
SWEET DREAMS FROM OPTA
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Its not really the models which take time. It is layout of the buildings and how to place them etc. which takes the majority of the time. I always find it best to do buildings in bulk when doing the Unity and .dat files since it gets a little easy to do it mindlessly.

Unturned Battlegrounds coming ~ Feb 2020

Custom Mods, Large Size Arena Map, First Person, Choosing Droppoint, Skins, Leaderboards, Seasonal (real money) Leagues & Tournaments, Apex-like auto team assign, PUBG-like ammo instead of magazines & too much more to tease quite yet

1 Like

That Sounds so cool! But dont that already excist?
Anyway i’ll Look forward to that.

P9, may i ask what happend to your servers, i’ve heard something of copyright?

copyright?

That bike :intense_judgement:

Yes, Its something that i heard. You had some problems with the rust Devs due to copyright?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.