Arm size in devlog 23

I don’t know if it is just me but do you think that the arms in the new devlog should be a little smaller.

2 Likes

no. they are the same size as the previous ones.

1 Like

I dont think thats what he mean.

I really dont know what to say about that yeah some tweaks may be good to arm size .But that would Feck all Nelson charcter progress to now

1 Like

Happy birthyday @ReallyAR, The character is good the way it is, it may suffer some adjustments over time but this seems to be the definitive version.

1 Like

i think he means by that make the arms thinner where the player holds the guns and i agree

3 Likes

I think the arm should be much thinner.

3 Likes

Thank you bro.

1 Like

If he makes them thinner I think he would have to redo all animations again, and I really don’t care enough about the arms for that to be a good idea.

1 Like

This. But, if possible, i’d certainly like some thinner arms.

1 Like

I would like them to be thinner, but as pulpfreewater said.

So it would be up to Nelson if he thinks it would be worth to change it and reedo the animations

1 Like

UII’s character is already much better than U3’s in basically every way. Going any further slendering would remove that “Unturned” character that’s been around for so long.

3 Likes

happy cakeday ReallyAR!

i just want some optimazation so i can play the demo on atleast 30 fps

Not necessarily.
The animations are based on the armature of the model and since the armature is already there to stay, changing the arm size wouldn’t affect the animations, unless the armature of the arms are not centered, which is worst case scenario and even then, Nelson would have to just make some small adjustments so the character doesn’t open a door with The Force. I doubt Nelson made a wonky armature, so changing the arm size wouldn’t exactly screw up the animations.

2 Likes

Can you people make up your mind

It would be pretty bad to see Nelson sabotaging most of the work all over arm lengths

1 Like

width =/= length
If arm lengths were changed, the animations &c would be trashed, but as @darkySp pointed out, the other dimensions of the arm (the ones I think we are actually discussing in this thread) should be easier to tweak and experiment on without breaking anything.

1 Like

Regardless it’s pretty much nitpicking for constant adjustments without a baseline for what it should look like. No point in changing it if everyone isn’t on the right mind, otherwise it’s best to leave the design for the dev then.

You’re kinda right. The only way to really to find a definitive best proportion would be to explain that this isn’t a democracy and anyone who disagrees with what Nelson has already done is a heretic show multiple different sizes in multiple poses, animations, and perspectives, with different layers of clothing on top. If further refinement is still needed, the results and feedback could be used to determine the range of sizes that should be tried in the next battery of tests. Until multiple options are shown side by side, rather than being shown one by one in different perspectives doing different animations, it will always be difficult to decide whether an improvement has been made or would be made by changing or to gauge how much it should be changed by.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.