Battering Ram

Alright, preface to this.
PLEASE DON’T FUCKING KILL ME IT’S ONLY A SUGGESTION
k thx

Anyways;
According to the Trello wishlist, metal locking will be a thing of the past, and replaced with things like keys, etc. Now here’s my idea. If metal doors do return, they should offer another benefit that isn’t just increased health. They will be impervious to the battering ram, and wooden doors will be forced open with it.

The Battering Ram

• Epic rarity, police-grade spawn
  • One use only, after that it is dropped on the ground and can’t be picked up
  • Can only break down wooden doors, not metal
  • Have an animation of you swinging it at the door, which can’t be stopped (gives people defending a chance to kill
  • Extremely heavy/incredibly big (if 4.0 uses weight, make it weigh something like 10 kilograms, and if slots are used, make it about the size of a 3.0 Hell’s Fury.

Hopefully this suggestion doesn’t get shot down immediately (it will probably), and we can have a civil discussion.

5 Likes

ITS ALREADY PLAANNED GO KYS THIS IS A TRASH SUGGESTION

(lol jk, i think it will be nice to have a battering ram, but it has to be extremely rare and hard to craft. Also, I don’t think that the ram should break the door down instantly, cuz that will be op)

I’d say no crafting, and I did state it would have an animation. Also, is this actually planned? Hit me up with a link.

Taking a couple seconds to use
Rams only wooden doors
Can only be found
And takes up a shit ton of space

Doesn’t sound OP to me

Maybe have it do damage to all structures.

1 Like

make it so if a door is on a wood doorframe(any door it doesnt matter irl) it can be battering rammed and if a wooden door is on a metal door frame make it take a little bit longer to ram

I don’t think the two should have any relation. IRL, if you’re ramming a fully metal door on a wooden door frame, it wouldn’t open due to it being a thicc metal door. Oh and @RedCo I think that it shouldn’t do damage to structures, because I’m trying to keep it as balanced as possible.

If you ram a solid metal door, that is only held up by a flimsy wooden frame, the door wouldn’t just open, it would fall over.

It could also be a melee weapon.
Provided you actually hit your target.

I think this could work well, but depending on the door/door frame it could do different things. For example, if it hits a wood door on a metal frame the door would be destroyed/hit off the hinges, but if it’s a metal door on a wood frame it could swing open as if the locking mechanism broke out of the frame thus destroying the locking mechanism and needing the frame to be replaced. If you don’t replace the frame since the lock part of the frame (the hole in doors which the lock slides into) is broken a new lock will not work and allow anyone to open the door.

sorry to say this but you are wrong, like hella wrong

c a r e
t o
e l a b o r a t e

i n d e e d
I d o

ok so you have a metal door, sturdy right?
you have a wooden frame holding the hinges and the lockplate in, not as sturdy eh?
you put the two together and the metal just rips out the wood because of the force, easy enought to understand right? sorry im not really good at explaining things

Maybe make a metal door that’s on a wooden doorframe take 2 swings, and one that’s on a metal doorframe invincible against the battering ram (balance). Wooden doors will still be forced open no matter what doorframe.

yea thats what im saying xd weve come to conclusion xd x2

time for ANOTHER idea ok

so what i was thinking is about sliding doors how would this work? feedback NEEDED

Sliding doors should go into double door frames, not regular door frames. You probably couldn’t use a battering ram on them.

1 Like

why should they go into double door frames?
i would agree with the battering ram thing tho

So that there is a space for the door to slide, without hitting the wall.

We have that in Germany’s prison, but I agree that being craftable wouldn’t be a bad thing.

1 Like