Bendy vs Blocky Character Debate

about that you insulting a bendy character that i like

The world doesn’t revolve around your feelings.

3 Likes

He’s not insulting… the bendy character actually does that. Its a reality that has a lot of bug and errors on the mesh. Not about feelings, its the truth.

1 Like

The bendy characters are weird when they rag doll though.

I know bendy character problems but i see segnificent progress in it. It changed a little bit and there is deffrence between 3.0 model and a 4.0 model. I don’t think a blocky would prefer better and just all people push bendy because of some weird meshes that it have and didn’t think about that blocky may have some issues.

In my opinion ragdols looks neat and sometimes they look funny also with the ‘meaty’ sounds they make a good combo.

They may be funny but the bendy characters screw up animations and look weird

I can say that Bendy characters do in fact cause a lot of issues with making the game look decent and can also bring a lot of questionable design choices for weapons if you don’t want excessive clipping issues as that’s my main issue with how they are in 3.x and why I so heavily prefer the blocky ones. Clipping is near constant with bendy ones, especially due to also being modelled in a T-Pose and not an A-Pose making any natural human movement just cause all sorts of stretching issues.

1 Like

That’s the true but nobody (or i atleast think like that) see issues with blocky like c’mon

Tell me what issues has blocky.
U cant, because u havent even seen it in-game.
And its a fact that blocky fixes almost 99% bugs that bendy has.
No matter that bendy has progress, it still has fatal errors, and Unturned 2 is supposed to be the evolution of Unturned 1, so there is no reason to limit Unturned 2 potencial to the bendy character.
Its just a fact, u can like it or not, but as a fact, the blocky character fix a lot of problems that the bendy has.

1 Like

How could u see issues in a model that u haven’t tried out in game, ur arguments are too much based on emotional and nostalgia feelings, that is not reasonable.

Blocky can still have some of the same issues our current bendy characters may have but in a much lesser sense though Adrian, there can still be a fair few clipping issues, mainly due to the items being mismodelled, or if Nelson decides to create the player model in the fairly outdated T-Pose compared to an A-Pose which most modellers and animators have switched to due to making the model in a more “human” pose to make potential animations have little to no clipping issues. A lot of the issues Bendy has like parts being bent too much or curves looking incredibly unnatural is gone though and is pretty much the better option to have a more “polished” and nice looking game with decent animations especially if the blocky model is thinned enough to work well with the scale of items.

Yeah time will show still kinda sceptical about it but i saw some pictures of it that Nelson show it in his “bendy vs blocky”.
Also i had idea to include bendy and blocky player model in to UII but they may be some issues like matching artstyle or/and technical problems.
P.S : Not gonna lie i’m nostalgic about bendy and maybe isn’t reasonable but what is not reasonable is to already think blocky is the solution to all problems for playermodel.
And also bendy is always staying in the corner of bad characters
i advice you to give some love to bendy and think of those all times spent with it.

i know i know, bendy so nostalgical, i have like 1800 hours on unturned so i know him enough, but its true, only time will tell wich one is better.

well yeah, we only can wait

1 Like

Well cool that you have 1800 hours dude it’s quite impresive i have like 1300 hours.

1 Like

no blocky is ugly bendy ftw

thats good then they are more funny

ngl, I do kinda like the bendy ragdol

They look crap when holding certain items

1 Like

Bendy may look neat… when you’re not actually building the game around it and realize that pretty much everything about it looks off regardless of what art style you’re going for, it being pretty annoying to work with rigs for them and the fact that you can pretty much only create them in a T-Pose fashion with leads to all sorts of clipping issues just for it’s own player model

It’s a dated and pretty much objectively worse one for making the game not have as many glaringly obvious clipping issues and modelling inconsistencies which II already is not really succeeding at, Blocky frankly isn’t too much better but it’s still a step in the right direction.

1 Like