Blur while shooting

Lol, 8 word post. 800 replies

1 Like

If you get a blur in the center of the screen (which i was talking about before he replied), every time you shot a bullet, firing a fully automatic rifle will make your entire center of the screen for the duration of the firing untill you stop. I dont know what your theory is all about, but its pretty simple. If you suggest attachments should mitigate it you are advocating for it to be added in the first place, which is bad.

The schokwave would persist for maybe a few frames at most, maybe one third of the time actually spent firing.

That is what you think would happen, which is stupid because it is not how it a) works in real life and b) would make sense to implement.
Your arguemnt boils donw to “lol I think you won’t be able to see anything so it bad” whithout actually consideriung how much your vision would be obstrcuted.

Your vision doesn’t blur when a gun is fired.
It is also a terrible “game mechanic” in first person, even more so when it is for aesthetics.

I don’t like this blur idea.

Ofcourse it doesnt work like that in real life… neither does blurring the corners when you shoot a gun… what is this arguement?

So why are you calling it stupid? I DONT want this to be added… you are confusing me because you are really inconsistent

• Deus understands that you do not want it added.
  • Deus is saying that your interpretation of it doesn’t make sense.
  • Deus does want it added, because the way he sees it being implemented makes more sense.

Basically, you are not discussing the same implementation as Deus.

wdym what is this argument?
its the topic lmao

I wasnt responding to you nor did you understand my comment. The person who I actually responded to used an arguement that doesnt make sense. In real life your “screen” doesnt blur in the corners nor in the middle.

But he is suggesting to blur the screen when shooting which i dont like, atleast thats what im seeing

I kinda disagree

In real life, your ability to perceive what’s going on in your peripheral vision is limited when you’re also trying to look at what’s happening down range and control the recoil of your weapon, while experiencing the disorienting sights, sounds, and feelings of the flash, blast, and recoil of firing. I’d only see this as an issue with full-auto fire from battle rifles or through extremely obnoxious and ostentatious muzzlebrakes.

However I’m not sure I’d want it in Unturned. I’d totally support it in a AAA 1st person shooter, or a milsim game, but snazzy visual effects look odd to me in Unturned 3.X. Of course, Unturned II will be visually more impressive than any previous version, but it will still look like Unturned.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying but its difficult to implement that kind of immersion on monitors because obviously they work much differently then the eyes and the brain. For example in real life the edges of your vision are blurry if you look straight, but you can turn your eyes and see clearly in that direction and “blur” the rest including the middle, you also cant see the exact borders of your vision. The only way i see this being implemented on a monitor is if for example you can press a button, (lets say g) and you hold it down, and as long as the button g is held down when you move your mouse around you wont turn your head but move your eyes, unblurring the things around you.

But obviously this mechanic isnt needed and is annoying, and cannot be implemented in video games properly.

Unturned II already has a mechanic almost exactly as you described except you would have to rebind the key to G and the head of your player model does move, but I don’t see why you specified that the head can’t move.

Yeah i know about freelook when you turned your head but I described some way of moving your eyes

My entire argumentation is based on how it actually works in real-life, and thus how it shpoould work in the game, withing limits. IRl muzzel blast, shcokwave and possiblyfireballas are very mucha thing and I’d argue they should make it into Unturned II to some extend.
Had you done a modcium of research or better yet shot a gun in real-life you’d be able to recognize that none of these factors completely keep you from accurately engaging targets and taking follow up shots, even in extreme cases.

I dont care if you shot a gun in real life, you dont have to keep saying that in every post. What i was advocating against is BLURRING the CENTER of your screen when SHOOTING. Meaning if you SHOT a bullet the CENTER of the screen would be BLURRED. If you were to then put a weapon into FULLY AUTOMATIC it would SHOOT bullets RAPIDLY meaning the CENTER of the screen would be BLURRED constantly because when you SHOOT in fully automatic bullets SHOOT out fast and every time a bullet is SHOT out the CENTER of the screen is BLURRED.

This is what im advocating against, i never mentioned muzzle blast and… fireballas?

The CENTER of the SCREEN isnt the part that is BLURRED

Brah u sound like the carpat npcs

1 Like

funny joke that definitely hasn’t been run into the ground, and wasn’t really all that funny outside of one situation like shoe.

2 Likes

b-but, why?

there’s literally no reason to blur, that’s not how muzzle flash works

1 Like

I know that…

Read my replies before responding