Bored at college so lets debate: Weapon balance

I have recently tried a similar idea but instead of halving the weapon damage I have nearly doubled the armor values (+40% armor multiplier in the config) on the Antarctica map. The fighting was definitely extended slightly but the weapons that always dominate, still dominated on that map (ARs). It’s a much easier solution to buff armor values (one config setting or couple clothing items as compared to many guns) and it could serve as a starting point from which you can work your way to figure out what weapons are too weak.

5 Likes

check out RodrigoAi’s server “FullPlomo”, I think he lowered the damage for the most mainstream guns such as maplestrike and zubeknakov, and also increased armor on spec ops clothing.

He also removed adaptive chamberings from the server.

This resulted in fights lasting quite longer, and now its harder for a solo player to wipe out an entire team by himself, while also giving a chance to newer players playing in groups to fight off the veteran players.

2 Likes

what would people think about the idea of the general weapon balance being akin to TF2/Overwatch? - rather low damage guns and a decent amount of health to make fights last longer, but also more powerful single shot guns, like the shotgun in TF2, where that takes at least 3-4 shots to kill someone and is single shot but rather fast.

Honestly if the bayonet was in more maps, melee could be bind to 3-9 or There was a sufficiently good Primary melee weapon, we would probably see more secondary guns used

Or if secondary got some kind of buff on there own that primaries don’t get (like my suggested aim while sprinting suggestion I made for pistols, and no using underwater does not count as its way to niche)

1 Like

Also lets be real
The crossbow and compound bow are way to similar in stats and much to fragile

maybe let the crossbow work underwater and do slightly more damage, but with the same durability? and buff the compound bows durability and leave the rest of the stats as is.

4 Likes

A grip slot item that is different from current ones might be nice, currently the grip hardly effects the crossbow, bolt actions or the Shadowstalker and all of these items are way to accurate to really gain any real benefit from using the bi-pod (unless you wanted to hipfire em I guess, but why would you do that on these?)

1 Like

I fucking hate TF2 shooting

5 Likes

I was gonna reply to this with a more in-depth reply but I’m gonna cut down what I had to say into a shorter post. Armor/ammo need to be a bit more complex before gunplay and combat as a whole will become super balanced.

A simple armor value & armor pen value on armor pieces and ammo types should work well, with a system similar to how rimworld calculates its armor. Although I don’t think that the current armor system should be removed either, since certain items could benefit from a straight damage reduction value.

I might make a future post detailing how I think a reworked armor system should/could behave, but I don’t have the time rn to do all of the thinking required for that lol

The idea of increasing the game’s ttk I believe has some merit however. Though I think that this should be achieved by increasing the effective ttk. Increasing the spread of most full auto weapons while scoping in would have the desired effect, so that they don’t become near perfect laser beams even at their max range while still remaining strong up to 150 meters (think the ak from rust instead of what we currently have)

2 Likes

make the frag and tracer magazines more common at the expense of normal military magazines (as its still military ammo)

2 Likes

Sprinting with pistols, reasonable AR nerf, slight pistol damage buff (except cobra, ace and desert falcon), full auto teklowka, add option to put milutary/ranger suppressors on any civilian gun.

Replace Swissgewehr with Timberwolf on Yukon.

1 Like

I agree with everything except the last part

Every year, we should change the weapon that drops /s

4 Likes

That could be kinda cool

1 Like

oh so that the maplestrike would be added and people would actually play yukon :crazy_face:

idk if sentry is considered a weapon but i’m really tired of those people that just drain them and offline my baseses no matter how much ammo or effort we make creating sentries its pretty much just lame and weak so make them maybe have a craftable infinit ammo gun, and more stronger also it would be nice if we could put them on roofs, walls

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.