Bullet types (Polls)

I know that this is confirmed, I just want to give people an idea of how it might look like.

Tracer Rounds
In unturned 3.0, tracer rounds are pretty much useless because they are pretty rare and they reduce your bullet count down to 20 rounds. All of that just for bullets that shine.
In unturned 4.0 I would like to see a way to craft to craft them and/or find them much easier in order to make them useful.

Its use would be at night when you can’t really see anything and you want to make sure that you have hit your target.

• I like this idea
  • I don’t like this idea

0 voters

Armor Piercing Rounds
These rounds will be useful when dealing with armor (without armor same damage as regular ammunition) and maybe go through material (if nelson implements that).
Some types of these rounds (ex: 50. BMG AP Rounds) might be raiding calibers (Normal rounds would not be able to raid) thus making raiding harder. I’m not sure if these round would go through your metal walls because just imagine standing on the other side of a wall and someone spraying it with a Nykorev and killing you this way.

So basically it would make people with armor easier to kill and make raiding harder.

• I like this idea
  • I don’t like the raiding idea
  • I don’t like the wall banging idea
  • I don’t like this idea

0 voters

Incendiary Rounds
These rounds would be stronger against unarmored enemies, thus you needing to have some sort of protection against these. There would be a small chance to start a small fire, which could burn small bushes or something. These rounds could also raid wooden bases, however, if you would make some sort of metal sheet protection on the wall, these rounds would not do much damage (60% less or so).

So basically: will make people use armor, burn foliage and raid unprotected bases.

• I like this idea
  • I don’t like the unarmored damage idea
  • I don’t like the raiding idea
  • I don’t like the burn foliage idea
  • I don’t like this idea

0 voters

Basic rounds
Basic round will be the normal type of ammunition that will be the cheapest and most used bullet type in mid-game. This bullet will be good for hunting, shooting zombies or those pesky players.

Crafting Recipes
Tracer: 5.56x45mm NATO Rounds + Red Flare = 5.56x45mm NATO Tracer Rounds
Armor Piercing: 7.62x39mm Rounds + 3x HQ metal = 7.62x39mm AP Rounds
Incendiary: 9x19mm Rounds + Gasoline/Napalm = 9x19mm Incendiary Rounds
Basic: Metal shells + Gunpowder = 3x 5.56x45mm NATO Rounds

• I like these recipes
  • I don’t like the Tracer recipe
  • I don’t like the AP recipe
  • I don’t like the Incendiary recipe
  • I don’t like the Basic recipe
  • I don’t like these recipes

0 voters

Hunting
Hunting needs to be a huge aspect of Unturned II.
The basic hunting type should be basic rounds, because out of these they would give you the best yield (excluding arrows). Of course, using a 50. cal for hunting would also decrease the yield.
The maximum should be 7.62x51mm Nato (fired by for example a Sabertooth irl).

Combining rounds
In real life you can have a round that is Armor Piercing, Incendiary and Tracer at the same time.
I think that in Unturned, this would be confusing and OP, (With the exeption of having a AP Tracer Round for example.

• I would like to see combined bullet types
  • I would not like to see combined bullet types
  • I would like to see a bullet type combined with the tracer bullet type
  • I would not like to see a bullet type combined with the tracer bullet type

0 voters

If you have reached the end, thank you for reading this post.

3 Likes

All good ideas, except crafting basic bullets. I Like to find the bullets and magazines and maybe modifying them but creating bullets out of some metal and things does not make too much sense to me.

4 Likes

then make a makeshift bullet type, lower velocity and power than normal ones

1 Like

Conceptually I support bullet crafting and I think that should be a very much end game mechanic, as if you can essentially produce bullets out of whatever UIIs resource nodes are it would keep end-game players away from military bases, allowing for less camping and a smoother progression, but the recipes you gave as examples are stuck in the 3.0 mindset, we don’t really know how crafting will work at all.

IMO optimally you would have a brass catchers and reloading machines to recycle spent rounds mid game, and late game a way to actually make bullets out of metals through various machines.

5 Likes

those crafting recipes we’re just examples

Hollow point ammo should take the place of the incendiary if they are mostly just extra pure damage whit less AP stats and have incendiary be more specialized in another way. I don’t like how some things are based on 3.0 logic like the flare coloring system and I also don’t like that base raiding is assumed to be like in 3.0 aswell… For the combined effects rounds I think they only should be able to combine whit a tracer effect, like AP and tracer as an example.

3 Likes
  • big shooty
  • smoll shooty
  • fire shooty

Just to clarify on a couple of things—

Different ammunition types (that all fit into the same magazine) likely won’t take up more/less space than any other ammunition type, so while in U3 that means just having a 20rnd magazine instead of a 30/100rnd magazine, in U3 that’s not the case.

Also, they reduce bullet spread by 15% as their mechanic.

2 Likes

All are good ideas but crafting special ammo is kinda op. For combined ammo for example armor piercing incindiary tracers it could be balanced by the armor penetration and inciendary effect nos being as strong as in a dedicated incendiary/AP round of the same caliber.

2 Likes

I would like to see bullet crafting as well. Just maybe having a bullet crafting station that takes some mid to end tier game loot to make.

2 Likes

Personally i think its going to be too inflated and frustrating for the player.

Having 10 ammo sizes and 4 possible extras (tracer/AP/etc)

That means 40 types of ammo that players need to learn and keep track off.

This is why games usually keep it simple.

1 Like

Speaking realistically however, you sure as hell can’t reload both a revolver and a bolt-action rifle with a single caliber classified under a single name. You’d have to have different calibers for different weapons, correspondingly.

2 Likes

They were just examples, you know

People are allowed to comment on your examples, you know

4 Likes