Calm Down Augewehr

I wanna know what software did you use to edit these clips. (I guess after effects?)

Wall of text

You should have fade-in and fade-out between clips.

Your aim is far better than mine so i’m not saying anything about that

And completely muting the gameplay footage isn’t really the best idea. I might suggest slightly increasing the volume where the kill happens, or where you start shooting the gun.

You might aswell slow down the clips where the kill happens, if you are recording with 60fps, because, well…

Other than these, there’s nothing much to say about it. The song’s pretty good, the theme’s pretty good too… It’s overall relaxing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will certainly try harder with the next video.

I used Hitfilm Express to edit all of these clips.

1 Like

I liked the style, but this video really put Unturned’s pvp into perspective. It makes me look forward to how II might improve upon what we currently have, as 3.0’s pvp is… lackluster, to say the least.

I feel like this is a difficult game to “montage” since PVP gameplay can look really bland in this game. Another problem is that there’s no sense of risk since I assume this footage was gathered on creative, but I can let that one slide tbh. I think it really comes down to certain factors such as being able to instantly crouch, PVP being the way it is in general, a lack of impact with the gunplay and sounds, no low level gunplay (such as using civ weapons), and the lack of risk (which I know is hard to replicate on a regular basis, especially in modern Unturned server culture).

Overall I would suggest that it would be a good idea to see if you could record some footage of survival gameplay (you could do it with friends as well), using a mix of weapons and maybe even vehicles. I think it’d be a lot more exciting. I’ll be honest in that I’m honestly thinking of Frost’s Rust montages as I type this lol, but I think it’d be a good idea to take inspiration from. I know I’m probably asking a bit much, but I guess it’s something to consider if nothing else.

3 Likes

Isn’t that like the opposite of calming? Seems counterproductive to me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.