Camping nets

If I’m not mistaken, I saw somewhere that it will be possible to stay overnight (sleep), and this is something that I personally like, gives a feeling of realism that I like very much. This gives rise to various “temporary shelter” options such as camp tents and makeshift shelters (such as The Forest).
One option of such shelters would be camp nets.

Rede%201

It would be a relatively common item, which could be found on farms and camps, would be placed between two posts (which could be fixed by the player himself) or between two trees.
Its main advantage would be the ability to shelter the player against creeping animals (like snakes?) And, in some improved versions, even rain.

rede%20chuva
(Example)

Let me know what you think of camping hammocks at Unturned II.

Thanks for reading!

Addendum

This is a very simple idea I had recently, this post is little worked, because lately the school has taken me a long time.

8 Likes

This is a great idea! Another perk would that it takes up very little space and is very light in your inventory. I have one and it’s a tiny bit bigger than my hand.

3 Likes

Technically, that is a hammock. The actual camp net is the thing mesh over where you slip in to keep bugs off of you.

But yeah. Hammocks are cool.

4 Likes

it would indeed allow for a lot of protection, i would definitely go for that for every of my expeditions . And it could also protect from crawlers zombies .

Exactly; Personally I have never seen one (here in my country is very expensive and I don’t know anyone who does), but as you own one it is better to have an idea, I personally imagine it occupying a 4x4 space in inventory.

I personally didn’t know the term “hammock” but you understood what I meant by :sweat_smile:

Against crawling zombies is a great protection.

This sounds like a great idea, and myself being a big camper, do approve. I’m more of a tent person but I have many friends that prefer hammocks due to their portability and being lightweight. While I agree that they can protect from weather and maybe snakes, there is no way that they could protect against zombies. Tents and hammocks are made of thin, lightweight, waterproof material that would offer no protection against a human trying to get inside, especially an enraged zombie. Just my two cents. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I meant against crawling turned since they would be under the hammock . However for sure other turned could attack you .

2 Likes

But when you wake up there should be multiple crawlers beneath you, don’t know if that’s too smart

Y’all are talking about how tents arent safe, and you don’t consider small defenses on the edge of your camp, such as cans to wake you up, some stakes, ect ect.

Edit, also, who said hammocks had to be near the ground?

1 Like

good suggestion

Yeah hammocks could be higher up, I just meant that they shouldnt protect you the same way a building should lol. I like the idea that there should be crawlers beneath you if they find you tho

TBH I’d put a campfire under the camping net anytime I got the chance.

I believe crawlers shouldn’t be under the net, that would be extremely bad for gameplay, waking up to 20 zombies attacking you would be pretty demotivating.
I believe they should not see the player in networks, as normal zombies should attack and wake the player.

̶H̶m̶m̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶.̶.̶.̶

campfires should easily attract zombies, zombies are not animals

1 Like

oh god no…no

What, about campfires attracting zombies?

Then yes it should be a feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.