Car controls

w for acceleration
a/d for wheel turn
s for brakes
spacebar for hand brake

2 separate buttons to increase and decrease gears
also shifting from neutral to reverse
w to accelerate backwards in reverse(duh)

additional button for
ignition or get in, take out the key and apply it like vaccine on someone
cruise control

hold walk button in vehicle with
w for slow acceleration
a/d for slow wheel turn
s for slow brakes

2 Likes

What.
Formatting please, cannot read eye cancer.

1 Like

Nobody forced you to read. But you did. Or do you require pictures to understand it properly? If not look up any driving simulator for interactive example.

UhUHwHW wHAT?

Current controls are fine, at least for people who likes simplicity. Your changes might be an alternate choice to current controls for whose that wants to spice things up at driving (like selecting ‘manual’ or ‘automatic’ gear shifting in driving games).

Now, something I would totally agree with is to changing aircraft controls. That’s just messy AF (I know how to pilot, but still messy to me).

1 Like

I think adding so many things would make the game confusing to new players, I just think there should be a bit more to 3.x like maybe drifting and like you said, the ignition, because sometimes when you’re trying to be sneaky and you enter a car (maybe to ambush another person who’s going to enter, or just to hide in it), your cover just gets blown away by the loud noise.

1 Like

I think it’s way too early to start suggesting control schemes when we don’t even know what driving will be like.

I’d advise trying again in a couple of months.

it is never to early to speculate or fantasize

True, but for all we know driving will be completely different from anything we’ve ever experienced.

I’m just saying that for the sake of longevity, it would be better to have a more clear overall picture of what you’re trying to improve in a suggestion.

The controls I assume in Unturned 4.x will be very easy. There’s not much to vehicles in a game in Unturned. The most I can imagine in cars is a gear system that I mentioned in my article.

My topic about gears

Cars

Gear System
I assume it would be easy controls like E - Up gear, Q - Down gear

Headlights
It would be cool to see like headlights you can place on your vehicle that can be controlled with H

Headlight Picture

https://finishlineshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/off-road-lighting.jpg

Truck Doors
I think a control to open the back of a truck door should be added so you can walk in the back of a big rig and place stuff in there. This control could be like J.

Truck Picture

https://www.budgettruck.com/portals/budgettruck/Skins/Budget-Default/images/Truck-Addons/BT_L_M_Truck_Details_BackOpen.png

Airplanes

Gear
One of the only controls I could think of on airplanes in video games is the gear button to make the wheels come up. In Unturned 3.x you flew with the wheels out which is not how planes fly or else the wheels would rip off. I think a button like G bring the wheels in and makes your plane fly a little faster.

Plane Lights
I think planes should also have a button like L to turn on the lights so if it’s night time you could see it in the air. I think it would be cool to see interior airplane lights added to.

These are all suggestions I think should be considered because they would be great attention to detail and still benefit the game.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.