Carcass shelter

No, but building a fire in a cove or cave would protect against the wind. Not to mention buildings…
You know how untuned is a game that has buildings in it you could hide in.

Plus people build a shelter very quickly in most survival games.

You never know when you can be stranded in the wild and with scarce resources. I see you’re not considering worst scenarios, and I don’t blame you; U3 made it so easy that few ppl can picture UII being unforgiving.

1 Like

I know that can happen, but the chances of finding an animal and then killing it for a shelter are low too, I do want more common animals but they should still require tracking to find, you cannot track in a blizzard.
Prehaps a snow den would be a better idea.

This idea sounds like it belongs in the long dark, even that dosnt have it though.

There is so much more to it than that.

Its about how actually useful it would be to the game, not a personal grudge against gore.

3 Likes

this is nearly as bad as the eating corpses thread

and i made that

2 Likes

Not even close.

Because animals are supposed to be hunted down or breeded and eaten if needed, as you can serve yourself from them in other manners, as the hide, claws/fangs, feathers, fat and/or bones.

This is no different from that.

2 Likes

He means in stupidity…
I think by the stage you find an animal in a blizzard, you would have had an easier time finding a cave, not to mention that hopefully blizzards in 4 will start slow and grow stronger, giving a warning to find shelter.

2 Likes

Flash blizzards do happen in real life (especially in cold climates), and considering how the UII map will be larger, reliably finding shelter while in the middle of the forest is unlikely.

True, but they player should have some way of seeing one is comming.
And out in the middle of a forest, finding an animal to kill might be really hard.
The player would just die if they were unlucky, but that’s survival games, sometimes you die cause you are about in the middle of nowhere when a blizzard hits, try a snow den.

somebody call up the misery machine

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.