Changes for casual developers

As many of you may have seen in the vehicle demo, Unturned II will be a completely different story regarding developers from the community. Will there be big changes around the whole developer system that exists now, or will it stay as it is? Will the Unturned worshop be useless now, or will Imperial plugins just die?

The Workshop should flourish because UII should make it easier to create mods and what not.

Plugins may or may not be introduced back into the game, Nelson doesn’t want to force anyone to not use them, but he has stated that if he focuses more on survival, these plugins will not be needed as more people will play the game in it’s intended state.

Probably nothing for Unturned 3.x will be reused, developers will have to learn about Unreal Engine and how to mod with it. Plugins may or not return, but mods like items, cars, guns will remain. New mods like game modes and more in-depth modifications probably will be possible.

1 Like

A big change will be the dev tools, that will make things easier.

Workshop will most likely still be the “Go to” platform for publishing mods.

I don’t think so.

I thought it was because he’s including gameplay recording and server administration/customization tools in the base game.

1 Like

First of all, FYI, due to UII being an entirely separate game it will have an entirely separate Workshop.

Regarding plugins, Rocket is a Unity plugin engine and therefore Rocket specifically will not be in UII, though other plugin engines are bound to spring up. UII will have mod support straight out of the box, and will likely be more modular and intuitive for modders, as the Unreal modding interface has various features that Unity doesn’t.

I’ve only loosely heard of Imperial Plugins up until this point, but I’d guess that they wouldn’t be transferring to UII unless they knew how to code in UE4. All the existing plugins would not work for UII, only for 3.0.

1 Like

The important thing is the quality of mods can go way up, and with II being overall more complex (pretty positive unreal is harder to learn than unity, also the artstyle is more complex as well) it’ll be less easy to crap out low effort mods.

WIth II we’ll see some really creative content that isn’t as nearly restricted as it currently is in 3.

1 Like

There are bound to be mods, but workshop should be the main focus when it comes to modding. Because plugins are still gonna be in use, but not as much as the workshop due to the vast number of people making maps, guns, vehicles and such. But since back then we couldn’t make a lot of stuff other than reskins of existing guns, now it’s gonna be different. Because I assume now people can make mirrors, motorcycles, new trees, flamethrowers and the like to the flexibility of UE4

Nah, it is easier, even easier to modders. With the blueprint, you can do pretty much everything without even learning how t code. The level editor has way more quality tools, making the workflow faster and the final result better. I’m really positive about the mods incoming, the quality compared to 3.x’s will be way better.

That too, I was more along the lines talking about no more kit plugins or shops.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.